Mowers

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by dgZtrak737, Aug 17, 2007.

1. dgZtrak737

dgZtrak737 LawnSite Member

Hello
    Just wondering how many of you guys are running John Deere Ztraks with the new dump from seat bagger. Do you like it Pros, Cons
    Im also wondering what is good hours for trading one off, or what determines when or why you trade.
    Also whats the most hours seen on a JD ztrak 737

2006 Chevrolet Silverado 1/2 ton
    JD Ztrak 737 54 inch cut. With 8 bushel bagger (Thinking about 797 with 60inch)
    Sthil Trimmer
    Sthil Edger
    Sthil Blower
    6x10 Trailer

2. Kut N Edge

Kut N Edge LawnSite Member

how is your 737 running and does it go through backyard gates?

3. bohiaa

bohiaa LawnSite Fanatic

I would NOT own a John Deer

4. dgZtrak737

I LOVE my JD 737 I live in pretty much a rual area. One of my accounts in a subdivison has a gate, and I have plenty of room. As far as having a JD mower, I absolutley love my ztrak (420 hours on it), Its smooth operating, holds on hill sides, and I havent ever turned a wrench on it. (besides blades)
    I find that JD stands behind there product, not to mention, RESALE VALUE. I bought my Ztrak with a used deck, the tractor part was new .5 hrs. I got it for $6500.00. That was in 03. My dealer offered to give me 5000.00 for it the other day. Its made that $1500.00 several times. I have about decided to keep it though.
    As 4 X495/X595 X740/748 alot of people here in north east alabama run these. Does anyone else.
    Thanks

5. Kut N Edge

Kut N Edge LawnSite Member

I cant decide between exmark and john deere. I have a JD dealer about 5 min from my house and a exmark dealer about an hour away but i like the exmark alot.

6. dgZtrak737

I dont claim to know much, and someone correct me if im wrong but, Exmarks have fabricated decks. JD & Toro have 7 gage stamped decks. I know i have never cleaned out the bottom side of my deck. My dealer said that was the advantage of a stamped deckover fabricated. Now alot of people say there not as tuff, If anyone could hit something and warp mine or bend it, I would like to see what in the would they hit, and how fast the hit it. LOL
    By the way, Those Exmark mowers look really good, as do toro's. I just think green and yellow looks good, Kinda backs up the color of the business I guess.

7. Budget

Budget LawnSite Senior Member
    from Pa.

^^^ Last year i was cutting a property that i service and next door another LSO, was doing the lawn next to me. Well i just pulled up and i trim first and was doing just so when i heard a major grind noise followed by a mower shutting down and the F-bomb was screamed out. So go out and look and the outfit cutting next to me ran over a old sign holder for a house for sale that was left there. It was a Scag mower and the deck was bent some but not out of shape and bent up one blade bad. He said he hit it full speed too. 20 min. 1 blade and a hammer and they were back in service. But that goes to show you what you can hit out there.