1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Mowing a football field

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by dmk395, Feb 8, 2001.

1. dmk395

dmk395 LawnSite Senior Member
    from Ma

I was just curious what you would charge to mow a football field, which measurements including endzones and sidelines is 120 yards x 70 yards? I figure I will have to do about 15 minutes of trimming and blowing off of a sidewalk which sits behind it. Seems like it will be a nice job with my 48".
  2. Greenman2ooo

Greenman2ooo Banned

I'll say $90. If it was just the mowing, no trimming and blowing, $75. If it is being mowed every five days, maybe somewhere in between.

3. lsylvain

lsylvain LawnSite Senior Member

just a suggestion but if the field belongs to a high school or middle school. You might want to concider doing it for free or cheap for the PR benifiets. A lot of people help out with school sports local businesses ect. Getting in with that crowd can be very advantages to your business.
  4. luckylawnboy

luckylawnboy LawnSite Senior Member

That is about 1.7 arc so I would say about $60 -$80 you ought to be ok. I just took your figures times 3 to sq.ft. and $35 per arc=$60 have fun making stripes 10 yards wide in between each 10 yard line.
  5. Yeah right everybody should work for nothing. Get a clue buddy this is the Commercial lawn care forum.

6. Randy Scott

Randy Scott LawnSite Bronze Member

I was thinking the same thing Stone, I just wasn't going to be as harsh about it as you, the guy is new to the forum, although he is a business man.
    I would consider some kind of discount on an already inflated price, like every other business does, but for godsake, DON"T SAY THE "F" WORD! Good luck with whatever you do.
  7. dmk395

dmk395 LawnSite Senior Member
    from Ma

8. TJLC

TJLC LawnSite Bronze Member

Leave it to Mr. Stone to spice up a post.LOL
  9. Vibe Ray

Vibe Ray LawnSite Senior Member

I don't have any experience with football feilds, but wouldn't they want more than just mowing? You know it IS a foot ball feild! They will probably want aeration and fertilizing and other services. So, it might have potential....
  10. Turfclippings

Turfclippings LawnSite Member

i have 60 inch Dixie Chopper that i could cut a football field in about 30 minutes. so i could do it for about $50-60. But your using a 48 so i am assuming your walking it?? There cant be a whole lot of trimming unless you have a fence all the way around it.