Mowing after fall clean ups?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Green Team Landscaping, Oct 25, 2008.

1. Green Team Landscaping

Green Team Landscaping LawnSite Bronze Member

Do you guys(with BP blowers and Little Wonders) mow after you clean up a yard? I found that the yard looks like a giant wind storm hit the yard when I'm done because the blower is so powerful. Do you guys do it?

2. Wittapp

Wittapp LawnSite Member

Depends on the customer and the quote. If it is one of my regular contracts, yes. If it is an on call service, it is what the customer wants. If that is what you decide looks best, by all means, cut. Just make sure you include that in your quote

Dave in Dayton

3. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

No. The mowing comes beforehand. The reason being, is that it does two things. Mainly, it shuffles all the material to the top so it moves more efficiently -MUCH more. And second, it is that much more ground up that it compacts much easier and more efficiently.

4. mattfromNY

mattfromNY LawnSite Bronze Member

Around here, normally, by the time all the leaves fall off the norways and oaks, it is so late in the season, we're more worried about snow storms than wind storms.

5. 2low4NH

2low4NH LawnSite Bronze Member
    from NH

im with the above poster we get snow around the time all the leaves drop! but yes regular clients get a mow when im done others will if they want to pay for it. it gives a much better look that way

6. topsites

topsites LawnSite Fanatic

Does it need it?
    If yes, I do.
    Otherwise, no.

7. rick74

rick74 LawnSite Member

Topsites does it exactly how I do it.

8. Kennedy Landscaping

Kennedy Landscaping LawnSite Fanatic

Ditto, I find it looks best if a lawn had leaves everywhere when you showed up and when you leave there are hardly any leaves but there are fresh stripes

9. MOW ED

MOW ED LawnSite Fanatic

The lawns grow here usually to the end of Oct or beginning of November. Leaf control customers see us every week for a partial clean and a mow, billed seperately. We also reduce the height of cut to about 2 1/4 to 2.5 or so for the final run. No scalping. People who just want a one time clean get the blowout and most leaves chopped up to dust by the mowers. If its a high profile lawn or the leaf load is heavy the Walker will come by to vacuum and make it look good. There is a price for all of this, as usual.

nov6 179.jpg

10. Groomer

Groomer LawnSite Bronze Member

blow then mow then go.