1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

mowing arounds reseeded bare spots

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by wilawns, May 27, 2002.

1. wilawns

wilawns LawnSite Member

i had a few accounts this years that i reseeded the bare spots in the lawn. My question is when you guys do this do you just mow around the spots and hit the long stuff with a trimmer and just include the extra time spent trimming into the price of seeding. just wondering what you guys do
  2. Grasshog

Grasshog LawnSite Senior Member

Most of my bare spot areant very large. I seed the spots one week, mow around them 1st week. Knock down any tall stuffs with the trimmer, doesnt take very long. The next week I plow right over them with the mower.

My accounts are year round, no extra charge for trim work. I'l get it back later
  3. lawnkid

lawnkid LawnSite Senior Member

I did a lawn like that about 2 weeks ago. The front lawn was just replanted in the fall and there was still about five 1ft. by 1 ft. bare patches and i had to go around them with the big mower. Then when i get to the back, it is the worst lawn I've ever seen in my life. :( I was very unhappy cuting that lawn. Took me 2 hours to cut this lawn that was like 20,000 sq. ft with a lot of trimming.