1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Mowing at hotels

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Jason Rose, Mar 17, 2006.

1. Jason Rose

Jason Rose LawnSite Fanatic

Any advice? I just picked up 2 in town, a Comfort Inn and a Hampton Inn. Now I'm trying to calculate the BEST times to mow them, as in day and time of day... I want to be there when there is the LEAST amount of cars in the lot... I know there is always going to be times that they are booked full for crap going on in town but I will have to deal with that...

Best I can guess would be Monday afternoons may have the least volume of people. Any others do hotels that may venture a good guess?
  2. lawn masters 2006

lawn masters 2006 LawnSite Member

i do some..i do them on mondays an tuesdays.after there check out time
  3. Jason Rose

Jason Rose LawnSite Fanatic

Yeah, check out time... I wanted to do them first thing in the mornings, but I think that's a bad idea... especially when I want to start at 6:30 or so in the summer! lol! Bad enough waking up one one family in a house I'm at. At a hotel I may me waking up dozens!
  4. baja4wd

baja4wd LawnSite Member
    from South

I've got one & usually don't work Sundays; however if I get there around 1:30pm, the lot is fairly empty and I can get everything completed fairly quickly. If I have to move it up or back a day anytime around 10:00am usually works well b/c most have checked out & the other arrivals usually come in after 2:00pm.
  5. DLCS

DLCS LawnSite Platinum Member

Find out when check out time is and start then. I'd be sure to be done by 3:00 in the afternoon cuase thats when they start letting guest check in. Of course it depends on where you are at the time but I always think thats the best times. I know I don't like to be woke up early if i don't need to, especially if I'm on vacation or something.:)
  6. Splicer

Splicer LawnSite Senior Member

Take it from a guy who lives in hotels all over the country. The best time is about 11:00AM to 2:00PM as an average. Nobody is there except the stragglers and employees at that time. Parking lot usually wide open. Hope this helps and congrats on your new accounts? Mind if I ask how you are charging them?
  7. procut

procut LawnSite Bronze Member

I'd say Mon.-Thurs. 11:00-4:00 would be a safe bet.
  8. wissel_landscaping

wissel_landscaping LawnSite Senior Member
    from ohio

My wife works for hamptons inn and i just picked up hamptons and the super 8 next door. i dont know what thier paying you but the ones here dont pay crap.
  9. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

Just make sure they're not owned by Indians or arabs...If they are, RUN and don't look back.
  10. 6'7 330

6'7 330 LawnSite Bronze Member

Not only run...BUT GALLOP