1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Mowing at Night - Ferris 2010 200Z

Discussion in 'Original Pictures Forum' started by kena48, Mar 27, 2010.

1. kena48

kena48 LawnSite Member

I found the roll bar lights at Orileys. Just used one of the existing bolts - no drilling!

About 12 dollars for those. The front lights are Ferris factory lights. About 50 bucks with kit.

2. OmegaRed

OmegaRed LawnSite Member
    from NE OHIO

post some pictures out in a lawn at night if you get a chance!

3. 80sturgisrider

80sturgisrider LawnSite Member

Man, I wouldn't put lights on my ZTR's for nothing. I work long enough hours as it is. If I had lights, I am the kind of guy that would just stay up and cut all night! Hope you have fun with them though.

4. Southern Landscape

Southern Landscape LawnSite Member

How do you like the Ferris

5. kena48

kena48 LawnSite Member

I really like the Ferris. It's really built well and mows thick bermuda so well it looks like a carpet sometimes.

I thought it used a lot of gas (34HP Kaw), but found out I was mowing way too slow. Now it's about 1/4 of one tank to mow two acres.

Love it.

6. mowerbrad

mowerbrad LawnSite Fanatic

I had the light kit put on my mower when I bought it. I mainly use them in the fall. They work real well for when I have to unload the trailer in lower light conditions, really helps light areas that my flood lights on my trailer don't illuminate.

Quite a set up of lights you have!!

7. Southern Landscape

Southern Landscape LawnSite Member

Thanks, I appreciate your input..... Awesome set up man..