Mowing banks

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by ranger351w, Mar 25, 2008.

1. ranger351w

ranger351w LawnSite Member

I have a couple of customers that have banks "40-45 deg Guess"?
    'that are real steep and am looking for a good self propelled mower for them. I also bag a couple of others with it.

Any ideas? Other than let someone else do it. Pays good.

Thanks

Mike
    [/SIZE][/SIZE]

2. Village Idiot

Village Idiot LawnSite Member

I don't mow banks. Period.

Too many people and cars. Plus they cheat you every chance they get with miscellaneous charges and raising your credit card rates.

3. SamTheLawnMan

SamTheLawnMan LawnSite Member

I'ts all in the name...LMAO :hammerhead:

4. ffemt1271

ffemt1271 LawnSite Bronze Member

i think his "bank" referred to a hill, not an actual bank property. 50 degrees is pretty steep even for a push mower, i would try a trimmer on it. i have a property like that and thats what i do.

5. ranger351w

ranger351w LawnSite Member

Well both banks have green stuff but mine is hard to spend. I can hardly stand on that bank "hill" and I will probably see if I can get by with a trimmer but she did hire me to mow it. I'm just to greedy:nono:. Still need a good mower that can do some banks but Toro is $700 to over a thousand and I have a problem with a price like that!! It's still a damn mower and I looked it all over and saw no precious metal anywhere.

6. Bay de Noc Lawn Car

Bay de Noc Lawn Car LawnSite Member

If your grasshopper will not handle it I would just use a trimmer. That is just me though. I started putting my grasshopper on steeper slopes last year after I bought a spray unit and just left it in the front of my trailer, effectively eliminating the room for my Gravely walk behinds. I did not miss then, even for the nastiest slopes.

Sometimes if the slope is really nasty you can work from the bottom of the slope and make a little run at it then back up and do it again.... you can get most of it.