Mowing & Cleanup contracts

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by Trev, Mar 18, 2007.

1. Trev

Trev LawnSite Member

2. mirrorlandscapes

mirrorlandscapes LawnSite Member

What kind of contracts were you looking for, commercial or residential? I don't typically do contracts for a lot of our customers especially residential, but if you're concerned about payment, details, etc. try to gauge the customer to see if it would be a good idea to do a written contract. I do have a written contract that I use if necessary, if you want an example to look at, but you could also just use your written bid sheet.
  3. Duekster

Duekster LawnSite Fanatic
    from DFW, TX

I have no problem up sellin folks.

Just be good
  4. ooo

ooo LawnSite Member

I posted one for you where you had asked before. Its a simple one as you had wanted. Just edit whatever lines to fit your biz/area.
  5. venom

venom LawnSite Member

what is the going rate for a spring cleanup hourly rate?
  6. ooo

ooo LawnSite Member

I charge $35 per man hour and add $25 dump fee (unless customer has spot to dump).
  7. shade tree landscaping

shade tree landscaping LawnSite Senior Member

New to the business, are contracts really nescarry with home owners? Is it more people just covering themselves, or is a real problem not getting paid?
  8. mirrorlandscapes

mirrorlandscapes LawnSite Member

Usually not. Verbal aggrements and handshakes still work well. If you're really unsure of the person or have a uneasy feeling about them, then you might want to consider it. I've only used my contract with one client and that was a townhome association. It was nice to have it locked in for the year and know I wasn't going to be dumped for some guy that came in right before the season underbidding me. I don't even bring it up for residential customers. If you don't get paid by your next bill cycle, stop work until you do. I've been bitten before on that and never did get paid.
  9. supercuts

supercuts LawnSite Silver Member

i disagree, you never know what will happen, ive been stuck in divorces over who will pay etc, deaths, family says who are you? im not paying that much, so on. cover you butt, without it, its hard to go after people. it doesnt happen often, but it does happen.