Mowing close to Buildings????

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by FCS Services, Aug 8, 2007.

1. FCS Services

FCS Services LawnSite Member

How do you guys with big ZTR's with rear baggers mow next to buildings without hitting them?? Do you guys mow next to buildings? Or do you stay a trimmer or push mower width away???

I have a 52" super z and I do a lot of Government housing as well and other mowing next to houses and buildings. I was just wondering what you guys do and if anyone has had major contact with a building???

Any and all input would be helpful

Frank

2. carcrz

carcrz LawnSite Silver Member

We don't bag unless there are leaves & in that case we blow them away from obstacles. Other than that, just get as close as you can & if you can't turn sharply, back up & work your way over until you can turn.

3. FCS Services

FCS Services LawnSite Member

I've been mowing close for a lots of years - I was just wondering if there was a better way??? Had a incident with a building yesterday - not a bad one but one..

Thanks

4. KS_Grasscutter

KS_Grasscutter LawnSite Gold Member

I dont have any problem at all mowing right next to things with my Walker or my Dixon with rear mounted catcher. Guess I am just used to it. Have heard stories about other crews in town hitting things with baggers (fences so hard the bags fell of the mower, etc). I can see where it would be more of a problem with a 3 bag catcher instead of the 2 bag.