Mowing Convention

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Moore Mowing, Apr 13, 2004.

1. Moore Mowing

Moore Mowing LawnSite Member

I have been thinking about trying to get together some type of convention for next year. Like in March before mowing starts. I think it would be neat for all of the different people to get a look at what other people are using and to demo different types of equipment before buying. It would also be beneficial to talk with other LCOs. I realize it would be a very difficult thing to put together but I think it would be beneficial to a lot of people.

What your alls thoughts????

2. tiedeman

tiedeman LawnSite Fanatic
    from earth

I too thought about doing something like that up here in Michigan. Would have to do a lot of running around and planning though. My biggest concern when I was thinking about it was liability issues

3. bugspit

bugspit LawnSite Senior Member

A Lawnsite rally? hmmm don't want to ride my mower but we could do like the Harley crowd and trailer them :laugh:

no offense intended

4. rookiemower

rookiemower LawnSite Senior Member

it sounds great, but how would you locate it for everyone to get to easily. i would come if it was less than 6 hours away

5. Moore Mowing

I would probably do it close to where I live. Probably In Bowling Green, KY.

6. Moore Mowing

Also another concern I had was how to make money to cover the expenses I would have. I wouldnt be concerned with making money just covering the expenses I had.

Any Ideas????

7. lawnGUYnMD

lawnGUYnMD LawnSite Member

to make money how about charging a cover charge. Id pay 5 bucks or so to be able to test products and all. Just a thought.

8. impactlandscaping

impactlandscaping LawnSite Silver Member

If you are serious, I would contact some mower dealers in the area or go straight to the manufacturers, and offer display space and demo spaces for XXX amount of money. Let the corp. end pay for most of the event, they need us to see their new products. Then again, you have the Expo in the fall....

9. Grass Groomer

Grass Groomer LawnSite Member

Isn't that what the Green Industry Expo is? I think this year it is in N.C.

10. triadncman

triadncman LawnSite Member

Thats correct its gonna be in Charlotte, NC on November 3-6th @ the Charlotte Convention Center