1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

mowing deck

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by teegrace, Mar 11, 2003.

1. teegrace

teegrace LawnSite Member

i need help to know what is the best thing to use to coat the underside of a mower deck after good cleaning t6he last person that mowed with this mower left all grass buildup from last year he is no longer there can you help
  2. Husker1982

Husker1982 LawnSite Senior Member

Just bust out the ol scrapper and go at it. IMHO I think spraying anything is a waste of time.
  3. Doc Pete

Doc Pete LawnSite Gold Member

A benifit I've found from running doubles is the deck stays clean..... You may want to try it..........
  4. mowngrow

mowngrow LawnSite Senior Member

they make a product called mo-deck but i have never used it. when the grass is wet we just break out with the regular old cooking spray(PAM)
  5. IBGreen

IBGreen LawnSite Senior Member

My dealer sprayed some of that mo-deck stuff under my mowers and it seemed to work.
  6. Lawn-N-Garden Guy

Lawn-N-Garden Guy LawnSite Senior Member

Usually at the end of the season I scrape all the decks and powerwash,let dry and spray them with some cheap black paint,It seems to help in the spring when it comes to scrapping them after the 1st few cuts.This year I wasn't able too since it went from summer to winter so quik,I just got them done last week,ALL TUNED UP AND READY TO MOW YEE HAA
  7. paponte

paponte LawnSite Silver Member

Just scrape like a raped ape. The spray is all gay, don't care what you say. When mowing like heck, grass will stick to the deck. And you'll be back to scraping, at the end of the day.

...Poetry By Paponte :D
  8. NCSULandscaper

NCSULandscaper Banned

Get some Mo-Deck, it worked wonders for our mowers, havent scraped decks in over a year after we started using it.
  9. TaussigLawnCare

TaussigLawnCare LawnSite Member

hmm well I painted the under side of all my mowers and it seemed to help but what does pam do for it and what exactly does the mo deck do
  10. Gravely_Man

Gravely_Man LawnSite Silver Member

I just scrape the bottom of the decks several times a day. This is done when changing blades on the mower. This helps to prevent the spreading of any disease from lawn to lawn. I run double blades and really don't have that much build up under the deck. I also don't use any sprays other then painting the bottom of the decks at the end of each season.