Mowing early AM and late PM

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Allamericanlandscaping, Jun 10, 2008.

1. Allamericanlandscaping

Allamericanlandscaping LawnSite Member

What is the earliest you have been out mowing and not gotten complaints, what about the latest. The heat is starting to rise here in Jersey and i am looking for a way to beat it. I just don't know what the thresh hold is.
  2. KevinACrider

KevinACrider LawnSite Member

No earlier than 7.
  3. CJOutdoors

CJOutdoors LawnSite Member

I try not to mow a residence untill after 8am.

I mow till dark, never had anyone say a word.

CJ Outdoors
  4. Lawn-Sharks

Lawn-Sharks LawnSite Senior Member

Mon - Friday Not before 7am :nono: and weekends not before 9am? as far as to late hmmm.. i mow till im done and i really dont know? ive mowed till 8:30 a few times and had no complaints.
  5. grass disaster

grass disaster LawnSite Silver Member

i will be going through this in a little while i'm used to mowing between 9-1pm. i'm switching jobs and i hope i'm able to mow from 3-7... i'm just part time
  6. Charles

Charles Moderator Staff Member

I am on the job at 7 am and work until finished. Try and keep the yards spread out so its no later than 4 or 5pm. 97 degrees out now so I know what you mean. I just don't like mowing in the evening. Very dry out so there are no yards to cut. Stupid weather:cry:
  7. gorknoids

gorknoids LawnSite Senior Member

We only mow before 8 on commercial props, and as far as stopping before dark, if the HO is cooking out, swimming in the pool, or spanking his wife with a riding crop in the yard and we could be seen as an annoyance, we'll give them their peace and quiet.
    Anyone else been working in this 100 degree weather?
  8. DA Quality Lawn & YS

DA Quality Lawn & YS LawnSite Fanatic

Agree with above mainly - I start residential not before 9AM and maybe go a little earlier on commercial. I try to end by 5 - I don't like to mow when people are home because 1) its annoying to them, and 2) more tendency for kids/dogs/etc to be in the yard OR for people to stop you and want to gab.
  9. Scagguy

Scagguy LawnSite Bronze Member

We are at the first stops at 7:00 am. The crews are done around 3:00-3:30. As I type this, it's 99 degrees. We have had 8 days this month with temps at 100 degrees or more.
  10. bohiaa

bohiaa LawnSite Fanatic

It depends on the city code.... The city I service is 5:30 Am untill 10:00 PM

the earlyest I have ever been mowing is 6:00 AM....