Mowing estimate forms

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by kc2006, May 7, 2005.

1. kc2006

kc2006 LawnSite Silver Member

I've been doing searches for this but haven't come up with anything good.

I'm looking for a good mowing only estimate form. I don't want something that looks like a spread sheet where you fill in the measurements of the lawn only and a price. Anyone have anything different? I made on up that has our logo on the top and then a little explaination about how the estimate has been determined and the price, and then in the bottom corner theres a small form area where I can fill out the size of the yard for the customer to see.

Just looking for some ideas on a different approach.

2. A+ Lawncare

A+ Lawncare LawnSite Senior Member

i'll show u mine, if u show me urs ;)

RESIDENTIAL PROPERTY (Including mow, trim, and blow)

1/8 acre: $20
    1/4 acre: $25
    3/8 acre: $30
    1/2 acre: $35
    5/8 acre: $40
    3/4 acre: $45
    7/8 acre: $50
    1 acre: $55
    Over 1 acre: $55 per acre + $35 for each additional acre.
    Example: 3 acre lawn would cost $125.

These are only estimated rates. Your quote may be higher or lower depending on the amount of obstacles and time involved.

COMMERCIAL PROPERTY (Including mow, trim, and blow)

1/8 acre: $30
    1/4 acre: $35
    3/8 acre: $40
    1/2 acre: $45
    5/8 acre: $50
    3/4 acre: $55
    7/8 acre: $60
    1 acre: $65
    Over 1 acre: $65 per acre + $40 for each additional acre
    Example:3 acre lawn would cost $145

These are only estimated rates. Your quote may be higher or lower depending on the amount of obstacles and time involved.

Size Chart-

1/8 acre= 5,445 square feet
    ¼ acre= 10,890 square feet
    3/8 acre= 16,335 square feet
    ½ acre= 21,780 square feet
    5/8 acre= 27,225 square feet
    ¾ acre= 32,670 square feet
    7/8 acre= 38,115 square feet
    1 acre= 43,560 square feet

3. A+ Lawncare

a side note, lawns up to 5 acres get a discount price....

ex. 5 acre residential lot

$55 for initial acre + $105 (3 acres @ $35)+ $25(5th acre)= $185 for average or $200 to med. or more dependin on conditions.....

$185/5 acres= $37 for each acre or $200/5 acres= $40 for each acre

4. kc2006

I meant an estimate form that I would fill out and give to the customer, not a price sheet.

I found one last night that is just a big grid sheet with all the different work, i'll probably just use that, this way the customer can see that we do all different work.

5. A+ Lawncare

wanna submit it still?

6. kc2006

I was looking at other ones and made this in the paint program, this is the one i'll fill out and keep. Let me know if you see spelling errors :D

7. kc2006

And this is one i came up with real quick to give to the customer. Let me know what you all think about the little disclaimer in the corner. I've had way too many people ask for an estimate on say shrub trimming I give them the estimate, say I think its going to take 2 hours at 40 an hour so I say "It's going to be AROUND $80, now then if it takes us longer to do it or less time I'll adjust the price to fit the time" Then when I bill it and its really 100 because it took longer then expected or they wanted extra work done then I have to hear them yell at me about how i said it would be 80. So I think thats a nice little disclaimer so I don't have to hear it. I'm still doing the contract, and it will also say something to that effect in there.

8. Expert Lawns

Expert Lawns LawnSite Silver Member

Dethatching, not thatching. Thatch is what you are are removing. Also, in that last paragraph, couldn't you just simply say "This is only an estimate, prices are subject to change". What you have is good, it just seems wordy.

9. kc2006

True, expert lawns. I had just tossed that together real quick, couldn't think exactly what i wanted to say. Thanks for the suggestion and the correction on the dethatching.

10. br549oicu8

br549oicu8 LawnSite Bronze Member

We use a Proposal and Acceptance Form with a few blanks to fill in but many lines to "personalize" your proposal.
    Many people prefer that personal touch instead of a compete fill in the blanks concract.