Mowing for Large Property Managers

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by DA Quality Lawn & YS, Jan 29, 2008.

1. DA Quality Lawn & YS

DA Quality Lawn & YS LawnSite Fanatic

I have contacted a couple Property managers who lease apartments/townhomes in my hometown about providing lawn service on the properties for 08. Mow/blow/trim, possibly fert, and shrub trimming (will price out services separately not as package). Nothing I cannot handle, all under 1/2 acre. The Property managers appear to be larger ones who run multiple properties. As a small owner/op biz vs. a large behemoth prop. mgr, what pitfalls could I encounter in working with them? For some reason, I can see slow pays, payment on their terms, etc. I am hoping if they are presented with my service agreement and sign, they will adhere to MY guidelines and act accordingly. Can anyone shed some light on this? Thanks.

(yes, my equip list will be updated before next season, looking at a Quick36)

2. pjslawncare/landscap

pjslawncare/landscap LawnSite Bronze Member

One word of advice that I feel is important is to take pictures durring your walk with the property manager and note any and all exsisting damage caused by previous lawncare companies. I got out of paying for a dented downspout and a smear on my good name because I was able to prove it was not us with my pictures.

3. 1wezil

1wezil LawnSite Senior Member
    from tn

I can not agree more on taking pictures because we took over a contract last year after someone else was fired , and out of 25 townhouses we took about 80 different pictures of damage from siding , to lamp post , to down spouts it was unbelievable .you have to cover your back side...

4. DA Quality Lawn & YS

DA Quality Lawn & YS LawnSite Fanatic

bump - per my original post.