Mowing for me is like fishing for other guys...just love doing it

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by CITY PARK CUTTER, Oct 10, 2012.

CITY PARK CUTTER LawnSite Member

Keeps a guy fit, keeps a guy one with nature, just you and your machine rolling across the lawn. Is there anything better than that? Well, yeah...other than THAT is there anything better? I don't think so. I'm 50 now and I've done a lot of things in this life, but fishing doesn't do it for me, movies are ok, restaurants, vacations are fine, running other business ventures is good, but give me a 75 degree sunny day in October, an open 10 ac field, a freshly-serviced stander and MAN, THAT'S THE LIFE! Some guys just like mowing grass. I'm one of 'em.
  2. ddixon7

ddixon7 LawnSite Senior Member

I have to agree. I like to deer hunt and trap in the off-season, but I am always anxious to start mowing again. Even when its 100 degrees and humid as heck, I still would rather mow grass than anything else. I love everything about it. Mowing, trimming, blowing. It is an excuse to play with toys (equipment).:)

The only thing I don't like is dealing with some employees, but nothing is perfect.

THIESSENS TLC LawnSite Senior Member

cant wait for next year! lol
  4. cgaengineer

cgaengineer LawnSite Fanatic

How long have y'all been mowing? I love my job, but not that much!
    Posted via Mobile Device
  5. GMLC

GMLC LawnSite Platinum Member

I really enjoy mowing too but by the end of the season Im ready to fish...
  6. scotts lawn care

scotts lawn care LawnSite Senior Member

I love my work as well. Its refreshing to read a positive thread like this one! to some fall cleanups.
    Posted via Mobile Device
  7. Glenn Lawn Care

Glenn Lawn Care LawnSite Silver Member

I agree as well although I do love to fish. I'm already looking forward to next year. Hopefully we have a good winter.
  8. Blades Lawn Maintenance

Blades Lawn Maintenance LawnSite Bronze Member
    Male, from Baton Rouge, La

I find it funny sometimes when people ask me what do I like to do for fun I say I love cutting grass. Like you say it's just something about being out there that's brings joy to us. For me it's that moment when u look back at a yard you've done and say "Wow that's looks really good"
  9. Ridin' Green

Ridin' Green LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Michigan

Couldn't have said it better.

I don't trap, but I like guns, shooting, hunting etc more than anything, but mowing is an extremely close second, and the older I get, the closer it comes to a being a tie. I have always liked to mow, and "play with the toys". The better/stronger/more powerful they make them, the more I like them.
  10. LandFakers

LandFakers LawnSite Fanatic
    from CT

I enjoy it quite a bit due to the fact that it's my son and I and it seems like we just enjoy doing it. We are both kind of perfectionists so we butt heads a lot but it's part of the fun I guess.