Mowing for Target Corporation Good or Bad?

Discussion in 'Landscape Maintenance' started by Mid MOwer, Mar 25, 2011.

1. Travel'n Trees

Travel'n Trees LawnSite Senior Member

KJWIJNEN LawnSite Member

I would never work for some these national change companies, for the prices are just being driven down and the pay is getting slower.
  3. bob

bob LawnSite Platinum Member
    from DE

I'm not trying to hijack yor thread, but I had a management company ( forget the name) call last year about a local 7-11. The wanted beds edged, mulched ( about 12 yards) shrubs trimmed, and 2 apps of fert. Their total budget was $400. I told them that my material alone would be over $400. I gave them my bid and never heard from them. Someone did the work.
  4. Travel'n Trees

Travel'n Trees LawnSite Senior Member

Posted via Mobile Device
  5. RSK Property Maintenance

RSK Property Maintenance LawnSite Bronze Member

sounds like they were looking for brickman to go in their to "maintain" there property. I gave what I thought was an aggressive bid on 3 properties my friends dad owns, and I was all set and good to go, and then brickman gave a bid a that was 1/4 of my bid, I don't see how they can be making money. my bid was around 2500 for all 3 properties, mowing, blowing, and trimimming everything as needed. and two of them have larger lawns, and an hr of trimming walking at 3-4mph. they bid around 625 a month for all the properties.....
  6. TexasFire221

TexasFire221 LawnSite Senior Member
    from Texas

I just had Springwise contact me for maintenance on their HEB properties at 5 locations. I talked with the guy over the phone and told him that I bid these properties two years ago. Well he looked in his system and found my bids and forwarded them to me to look over. Well I had to adjust them quite a bit and sent him the numbers back on 1 of the properties. He wants me to service ASAP but I am just not sure about it. I know the store manager and he said he was happy with the current company and didnt want to change so why is Springwise wanting to change? Springwise told me that they were unhappy with the job they were doing. Im just really confused and not too sure about it all.
  7. nightshutter

nightshutter LawnSite Senior Member
    from UT

Sounds like the big "box" stores are nothing but a PITA! $90 a week for a big target? thats crazy I get almost that for a small office/house. Not bragging or anything.
  8. Groomer

Groomer LawnSite Bronze Member

Yikes! I'm sticking with all my painful resi's, (who mail me a check every month.)
  9. Mark Oomkes

Mark Oomkes LawnSite Fanatic

You sure? How about money or your business?

PS It's "lose" not "loose". Look it up.

PPS Yes, I know this from a couple months ago.

Interesting, as I believe USM lost all their sweeping and plowing work through WallyWorld as of the end of March. Not sure about landscraping, but I wouldn't think WW would keep them around for that after giving them the boot for the other work.
  10. wiselandscaping

wiselandscaping LawnSite Member

I shake my hear when I see/hear about people working for property management companies. They devalue our industry, and by working for them you're only helping.