Mowing from a truck bed help

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by 35DollarLawns, Dec 16, 2013.

1. 35DollarLawns

35DollarLawns LawnSite Senior Member

Come again? What loading unloading? What?
    I am confused what do you picture I am doing?
    Please explain. Thanks .

I have never brought a mower to do mulch and that is all I would be unloading?
    Posted via Mobile Device

2. billslawn89

billslawn89 LawnSite Bronze Member

whenever is mulch completely dry? That would be a lot of weight in the truck. I agree with easy-lift guy, get a trailer.

3. 35DollarLawns

I have no doubts if grass was bagged everyone here would be in trouble. I own walker and a half dozen mowers for this truck it is 1 mower and bagging grass is not needed period here, not me but no one bags grass. My walker dumps maybe 50 dumps of grass a year and then leaves is 100s but this crew is not bagging.
    Posted via Mobile Device

4. easy-lift guy

easy-lift guy LawnSite Gold Member

I did miss the part about a small trailer to carry your walk behind, sorry. Not really sure how big your trailer is for your walk behind mower?. In spite of the fact that you have a trailer for your walk behind, size unknown I believe having
    more room would be better for you.
    easy-lift guy

5. 35DollarLawns

I would guess it to be dry sitting in my shed for a season? I hauled mulch plenty this year without issues thanks though, I don't use half ton trucks or toyotas. What else is there?
    Posted via Mobile Device

6. DXN1EL

DXN1EL LawnSite Senior Member
    from TEXAS

Are you giving advice without reading post one? :hammerhead:

7. RodneyK

RodneyK LawnSite Senior Member

It sounds like you already have your mind made up that this will work for quite some time. Not really even sure what the question is. You can make anything work. I used to work out of a truck bed too. Need ten yards of mulch? Make five trips!

I then upgraded to a HUGE 6' by 10' trailer and became way more efficient. Biggest mistake there was not going to the 7' by 16' that I have now.

Guys are here telling you to get a trailer, I say the same. We aren't in trailer sales. We are telling you this for a reason. Buy a used one, if it doesn't work sell it.

What is your objection to a trailer? You just don't think you need it? Storage? You can do so much more with one.

8. billslawn89

billslawn89 LawnSite Bronze Member

what kind of truck did you get?

9. 35DollarLawns

What kind of Limitation when mowing will I have , will 1 52" mow several yards a week the size I posted? How many a week would be normal ? I ask because I never have ran 1 single mower on properties.
    Posted via Mobile Device

10. easy-lift guy

easy-lift guy LawnSite Gold Member

I reread the OP's first thread, missed the part about a trailer for his walk behind mower. The OP should buy a trailer big enough to handle work in the present and for future growth of his business.
    easy-lift guy