1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Mowing grass has kept me in good enough shape to do this...

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by yardatwork, Oct 25, 2011.

1. yardatwork

yardatwork LawnSite Senior Member

Go visit my Facebook site and look at the what mowing grass and landscaping enabled me to do...it kept me in shape...at 36 years old...I played in an alumni football game...my number was #1.

2. TheOctagon

TheOctagon LawnSite Senior Member

do they have these all over the country or just something that goes on in your area? I would like to know more about it.
  3. Richard Martin

Richard Martin LawnSite Fanatic

Your nickname is Poopy? Did you have a number 2 accident or something?
  4. mowerman90

mowerman90 LawnSite Bronze Member

I'm 61 and my doctor tells me that my work is the only thing keeping me alive!:cool2:
  5. flatlander42

flatlander42 LawnSite Silver Member

hahaha, I saw that too!
  6. DA Quality Lawn & YS

DA Quality Lawn & YS LawnSite Fanatic

Nice. I would agree this biz is good for fitness (but too much can break the body down IMO esp. in the heat).

I can go out at any time during the season and run a 5K - not easy but doable.
    If I try to do that in the winter, no dice man.
  7. yardatwork

Long story...college nickname because I was always being a little **** and pulling pranks and stuff. Not sure how "hey, you little ****" turned into Poopy...but it did!

And to answer the other question...YES, these games are nationwide: www.alumnifootballusa.com - this is the first year for our area.
  8. JDiepstra

JDiepstra LawnSite Bronze Member

One game? Thats nothing. Sorry.
  9. yardatwork

When you haven't played a single snap in over 18 years, some guys 30+ years...it's something. When you have real jobs, families ,and real bills to worry about while risking injury...it's something! There were 100+ guys that will tell you...it was something!
  10. TNGrassCutter

TNGrassCutter LawnSite Bronze Member

I like the comment about trimming the tree limbs.
    Posted via Mobile Device