Mowing in the dark....through the night?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by precisioncut, Jul 19, 2004.

1. precisioncut

precisioncut LawnSite Senior Member

Talked to another LCO this morn about 7 a.m. I asked him what time he usually starts and he says "I started out about 10:30 p.m. last night and am just finishing up right now." He was finishing up at 7 a.m. not 4 p.m.

Of course he mowed all commercial but still.........I don't think I could do that. I'm sure I would have missed some spots or messed something up. Do any of you do that? Its usually between 101-107* daily but I just couldn't mow at night (all night). I usually start at 6 a.m. (and I thought that was a bit early).

What do you think of that move?

2. EastProLawn

EastProLawn LawnSite Bronze Member

Sounds weird, but I'm not there to dispute it, oh well as long as it gets done right, who cares when he does his mowing.

3. lawnMaster5000

lawnMaster5000 LawnSite Senior Member

considering the weather you all have i think it is a great idea and would love to be able to do it here. The only problem with that would of course be the fact that you would then sleep all day.

4. Shawn Burns

Shawn Burns LawnSite Member
    from N.C.

We have an outfit around here that runs 2 shifts. One during the day for residential, and when they call it a day the next shift comes in and works all night doing commercial accounts.
    Talk about production!!

5. txlawnking

txlawnking LawnSite Bronze Member

Sleeping all day when it's 95+ outside doesn't sound like that bad a deal..LOL

6. Gilla Gorilla

Gilla Gorilla LawnSite Senior Member

7. RedWingsDet

RedWingsDet LawnSite Gold Member
    from Detroit

bump the sleeping, i like the 95 degree weather!!!

8. Farmer

Farmer LawnSite Member

I would skip spots for shure. They must have some major lighting systems on their mowers. I have a buddy with a Dixon that has headlights and light pointing out to the sides.....

9. EastProLawn

EastProLawn LawnSite Bronze Member

Me too, I don't mind the heat if i'm at the beach, but if I have to work in it then I'd rather be sleeping.

10. txlawnking

txlawnking LawnSite Bronze Member

Yeah, even I gotta admit I like 95 over 45 any day of the week.. Thank the Lord I don't live up north.. Allthough I hear that Turbocharged sleds are a LOT of Fun!!!:D :D :D