Mowing in the dark

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by grayghost_32, May 2, 2003.

1. grayghost_32

grayghost_32 LawnSite Member

Do any of you commercial guys mow at night?I've been doing it on some of the bigger stuff.

2. bastalker

bastalker LawnSite Senior Member

Well NO!!! I have a life!!!!!!

3. Doogiegh

Doogiegh LawnSite Senior Member

I think I'm hooking up some headlights though to my Woods ZTR so that I can cut my own property and IF it gets dark, turn on the
    lights to finish things up real quick..

I don't cut any customers in the dark though.

Gary

4. Green Pastures

Green Pastures LawnSite Silver Member

Sometimes I mow as it's getting dark just to finish something up. But I try to be done before dark normally.

5. Mowingman

Mowingman LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Texas

I have lights on all my ZTR's. In the summer when it is hot, we often start mowing at around 4:00 AM so we can beat the heat and finish early.
    Back when I was a part timer, I had to do most of my mowing in the evening after I finished my day job. I sometimes worked till 10:00 or 11:00 at night. Of course, all this night work is at industrial or commercial properties. We do not do residential mowing at those odd hours.:D

6. mowngrow

mowngrow LawnSite Senior Member

my walker haslights but we try real hard to be done before i have to cut them on

7. grayghost_32

grayghost_32 LawnSite Member

I started mowing at night last year to catch up after rain.I like it so much i put ATV lights on my Sentar this year.I mow until the dew gets to heavy.

8. TotalCareSolutions

TotalCareSolutions LawnSite Senior Member

We do our "highline" residential customers from 11:00 PM - 3:00 AM. We believe it sets us apart from the competition, plus theres no traffic!:D

9. rvsuper

rvsuper Senior Member

TotalCare,

Your kidding, right? The earliest I mow now is 8:30 in the morning on the greens everyday.

10. TaussigLawnCare

TaussigLawnCare LawnSite Member

I try not to mow residential earlier then 8am and commercial 6 am. I find the commercial propeties alot easier when the parking lots are empty.