mowing in the north east

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by corey1977, Apr 29, 2007.

1. corey1977

corey1977 LawnSite Senior Member
    from maine

when do you guys in t he north east from maine to new york think you will start mowing the end of this week the first of next?

2. grandview (2006)

grandview (2006) LawnSite Gold Member

I'm going to try this week. Everything is soaked and it only in the 50's and dewy all morning long.

3. fga

fga LawnSite Silver Member

in NYC, clean-ups are done and we're going on our 3rd round of cuts already. Gotta keep busy while the customers have there tax returns in hand.

4. K c m

K c m LawnSite Senior Member

I'm not in the area you spoke of. Im from philadelphia and ive been cutting for about 3 weeks now. the grass is really growing. pain in the ass that i had to drop a few accounts since i am an apprentice and work 40 a week.

5. Uranus

Uranus LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Mass

I'm finishing cleanups this week and I'm telling people I will be cutting next week. Also telling them to not feel bad about calling and asking for a cut since I am behind because of the lovely weather. A few here in western mass will need cutting this week but I'll get them next week when I start mowing full time.

6. lawncare18

lawncare18 LawnSite Senior Member

Im near syracuse.. going on my 3rd week on some sec on others.. this week is gona be nuts with the sun after all this rain.

7. ManorD24

ManorD24 LawnSite Member

I did half the route last week and will be doing the whole route this week.

8. RedMax Man

RedMax Man LawnSite Platinum Member

I got some to start cutting tomorrow and the rest of the week. Still have a few more cleanups and the rest i expect will be ready the week after. Grass is turning green rapidly and its reallly starting to grow:)

9. jt5019

jt5019 LawnSite Bronze Member

This should be my first full week of cuts Most lawns are growing like crazy now with all the rain we had.

10. Trhfire19

Trhfire19 LawnSite Member

My spring clean ups are all done for my regular customers. I have a couple of one timers left. I started my weekly mowing on Thursday.