mowing in the rain

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by veltenslawncare, Sep 23, 2003.

1. veltenslawncare

veltenslawncare LawnSite Member

who here mows in the rain. does it slow you down or effect your cut. how heavy does it have to be for you not to mow.

2. proenterprises

proenterprises LawnSite Silver Member

DO A SEARCH

this question has been answered

their are many topics about this.........

3. sildoc

sildoc LawnSite Silver Member

Yes I mow in the rain. If i didn't I would never get the lawns done in the spring.
    Slows me down about 25% due to loss in traction and scraping deck. I wont take any more than 2" off at a time when wet.
    double up your blades and take off the mulch kit. Sometimes you have to lift the deflector but be careful not to send rocks and debris towards the windows.

4. Pecker

Pecker LawnSite Bronze Member

Only if I get caught in a shower or storm and only for the sake of no having to go back and fininsh up. About the only thing that'll stop me is if I am going to rut the lawn - but rarely will it rain that much that quick. Soft soil usualy only stops me during the Winter time because it takes so long to evaporate. But 9/10 times, if I do mow in the rain(during the warmer months) for 5 or 10 minuts it passes through, I wipe my seat with a towel, put on a dry shirt and mow away.

5. tiedeman

tiedeman LawnSite Fanatic
    from earth

yup mow in the rain. I used to believe that you shouldn't mow in the rain, but in order to make it in this business you do have to mow in the rain & snow (what fun that was).

6. Rustic Goat

Rustic Goat LawnSite Bronze Member

Try a new experience, use the search function. This has been covered numerous times and in great detail.:)

7. mtdman

mtdman LawnSite Gold Member

NO! I don't mow in the rain! It's miserable and it makes a bigger mess that takes longer to clean up than if I wait until it's not raining. And I've been doing that for 8 years. I hate being wet!!!

:mad: :mad: :mad:

8. mike9497

mike9497 LawnSite Senior Member

i mow in the rain only if i have to.