Mowing Inside A Swiming Picture

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by luckylawnboy, May 15, 2001.

1. luckylawnboy

luckylawnboy LawnSite Senior Member

Check out this picture of an old swimming pool that was filled in on the sides and used as a yard. It is hard to tell how deep and steep it really is in the picture.

mvc-006s.jpg

2. Guido

Guido LawnSite Silver Member

Can Someone Say.......

LAZY!!! :confused:

3. mdb landscaping

mdb landscaping LawnSite Silver Member

how hard could it have been to bring in a few dump truck loads of soil to fill it properly. its right next to the road. instead it makes the lawn look like crap. i think guidos right LAZY and CHEAP!!!

4. MOW ED

MOW ED LawnSite Fanatic

Is it swampy?
    My experience is that if they just fill it without cracking all the concrete on the botto, it becomes a quicksamd pool eventually.

5. joshua

joshua LawnSite Bronze Member

all i can do is laugh, thats funny how stupid and lazy people can be. :blob3:

6. CSRA Landscaping

CSRA Landscaping LawnSite Bronze Member

The more I think about that bathtub full of dirt with grass on top, the less I like it .... DID they break up the bottom, at least?

7. Greenkeepers

Greenkeepers LawnSite Senior Member
    from NE Ohio

Lazy , cheap, stupid all of the above. Or did they just think that mother nature would fill it up with dirt???? I can't believe that it would have sunk that much.

8. geogunn

geogunn LawnSite Gold Member
    from TN

I think I'd have filled the "CEE-MENT pond" with bass and bluegill!:p

GEO

9. luckylawnboy

luckylawnboy LawnSite Senior Member

After reading all the post it brought some ideas to me. I am trying to get the lady to let me fill it and seed it for her, but she is tight and does not want to spend the money, but she pays Scotts Lawn to spray the thing it seems like 6 times a year and pay me to mow the lawn every 5 days at $40 a cut. but won't spend the money to fill it in.

10. Island Lawn

Island Lawn LawnSite Senior Member

Just a thought, why not figure out what it would take, and make out a proposal?