mowing/landscaping contractor expanding to pinestraw sales

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by andyslawncare, Jun 5, 2008.

1. andyslawncare

andyslawncare LawnSite Senior Member

I'm currently billing around $10,000/month year round + some cash paying clients and a few install jobs each month (~$6000 profit/month). i want to get a large pinestraw trailer. the hispanics around here pay 1.85/bale and sell for $3. the american people are selling for $3.25 or 3.50+ , they install anywhere from $3.50-4.50/bale.

can someone help me figure some things out...

first, I am an established business and have a large clientel-I also speak clear english and can make myself avaiable for pinestraw every day with another truck purchase.

1. how much to sell for?
    2. how much to install for?
    3. what size trailer should I purchase? I was looking at a 20'X8' and 10' tall sides.
    4. how to market to a larger area for straw...I need to sell &/or install at least 2 or 3 600 bale loads/week.
    5. Where can I purchase wheat straw bales?? is it worth trying to market that too?? could offer pick up only for it cheaper than stores.

Please help me figure this out...there is not very much info on this anywhere.

if you are in pinestraw sales and currently sell ~1500 bales or so a week i'm interested in speaking with you.

thanks