1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Mowing lists help

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by altima04, Nov 13, 2013.

1. altima04

altima04 LawnSite Member

Howdy guys! Just joined this site wanting to gain more knowledge about everything and seems like i chose well, most of you guys seem like you know your stuff.

One thing that i have had a lot of trouble with forever has been my mowing lists. We mow an avg of 200 homes/week during peak season and i wanted to know what do you guys use to put them in order by area? Do you guys have a computer program you would recommend? I have my ways but they are ancient, i want to know how modern companies nowadays create their lists without stress.

2. 4slservices

4slservices LawnSite Member

nextraq.com Is great for dispatching and routing your jobs efficiently.

3. altima04

altima04 LawnSite Member

Thanks for that info, i called them up and they gave me a demo, everything was great except the price, 40/truck/month, i have a fleet of 20 trucks, its too much for me to spend on.

Anything else for a better rate? Anyone heard of Service Autopilot? I am going to look into them next but wanted to see if anyone had any experience with them?

4. jc1

jc1 LawnSite Bronze Member

200 Homes a week with 20 trucks?

5. altima04

altima04 LawnSite Member

Thats not all we do...
    Posted via Mobile Device

6. pinecrestwoods

pinecrestwoods LawnSite Member

Great!.... then you wouldn't need the service for all of your trucks! Just get it for your 3 or 4 mowing rigs. Should pay for itself.

7. jc1

jc1 LawnSite Bronze Member

We use service autopilot
    And have nextraq on our trucks.
    Each serves a different purpose. Autopilot helps greatly with invoicing and scheduling, routing also.
    Nextraq provides the ability to know exactly where the trucks are. We have a report every day with route and stop info. Provides proof if needed of being at a site etc. other info it provides is things like engine on or off and stationary
    Or moving.
    We determined with reports that trucks were idling when should have been off.
    One truck was running all day about 130 hours a month.once it was addressed fuel usage was cut in half. The savings in fuel alone paid for three months of subscription.

8. altima04

altima04 LawnSite Member

Wow, both huh, interesting. I need to do more research then.
    Posted via Mobile Device

9. 205mx

205mx LawnSite Silver Member

[​IMG]