1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Mowing monday

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by lawncare18, Aug 31, 2007.

1. lawncare18

lawncare18 LawnSite Senior Member

Anyone working monday.. I plan on it for a few hours... anyone else??
  2. Albery's Lawn & Tractor

Albery's Lawn & Tractor LawnSite Bronze Member

Heck yea, Labor day means doing labor on that day. Too busy to take a week day off around here.
  3. Sydenstricker Landscaping

Sydenstricker Landscaping LawnSite Bronze Member

Has no one heard of a friggin holiday anymore?? For you people down south, do you guys work christmas too?? Every holiday I see everyone says that they are working. I would much rather work a saturday than a holiday. JMO*trucewhiteflag*
  4. IN2MOWN

IN2MOWN LawnSite Platinum Member

If I get a day off then I will take it. The day will be spent with my wife and kids.
  5. Albery's Lawn & Tractor

Albery's Lawn & Tractor LawnSite Bronze Member

We usually work Saturday as well. Sunday I try to leave open for equipment maint. and spending time with the fam. But it doesn't always work like that. Just one down side to being in a seasonal bus I guess.
  6. Daddy Joes Lawn Service

Daddy Joes Lawn Service LawnSite Member

What is a Holiday? Yes we never shut down only when it's time to do so!
  7. gravedigger5

gravedigger5 LawnSite Senior Member

If we had some grass to mow, probably would. Have mowed some commercial stuff years past, but everything here is dried up. Only mowing a third of the stuff we mowed back in May:confused: Decided to take this Labor Day off and catch up on Tuesday.
  8. Fantasy Lawns

Fantasy Lawns LawnSite Bronze Member

Monday is always a Commercial Center-Doctor's Offices day .... these "holidays' are the best ... no one around ...no cars ... easy in n outs .... they'll work a 1/2 day n make up the rest thru the week

The guys elect it ... they can make it up next Sat ...but why ?? Their off by 1 n out with their familes n friends fore cook-outs or boating around
  9. jsaunders

jsaunders LawnSite Bronze Member

Not working- everything is getting dry and who REALLY wants to hear the mower running next door.
  10. fbomb

fbomb LawnSite Member

Since I get most of the Winter off, I can't really complain about working a few holidays. I plan on mowing 10-14 yards. Grass is finally growing so you better cut it while you can. It's been a horrible summer. Take care!