1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

mowing northeast

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by lawncare18, Oct 31, 2007.

1. lawncare18

lawncare18 LawnSite Senior Member

how many more weeks do most of you guys have in the northeast... I am thinking about 1 or 2 more after this in cny get the last of the leaves and thats it.. weather is gona go down hill fast i think.. already see big companys makring lots for plowing.. How much longer you other guys gona go this year?? hope everyone had a nice season
  2. nemow

nemow LawnSite Senior Member

We haven't even had our first frost. The leaves are a little behind this year here in MA. We are telling our customers that we are mowing one more time in the next two weeks (just picking leaves up on the lawn areas, knocking down grass that is growing here) and then we will start cleanups. We mow weekly thru out the summer and this time of year we will just go thru our list of customers one last time whenever we get to them. We work until it snows here.
  3. blind04

blind04 LawnSite Member

yeah, we havnt had our first frost either. we easily have at the very least 3-4 weeks worth of leaves left in the trees. sweet if you ask me. kinda a little pay back for that 2 month long drought we went thru this summer
  4. lawnman456

lawnman456 LawnSite Member
    from ct

leaves are still on the trees here. they are just starting to turn. i think one or 2 more times to mow then i will be in full swing for leaves
  5. nemow

In the past I would give my guys the first week of November off. Most years the leaves are coming down to fast to make money mowing but not enough to do a cleanup. This year I feel like I should give my guys as many hours as I can becuase they stuck out this aweful dry summer with me. Either way I figure we are at least two weeks behind.
  6. nemow

Praying for a frost but hoping the snow holds off. Ahhhhhh landscaping in the North east.
  7. lawnsandmore

lawnsandmore LawnSite Member

till the snow flies & than when it milts winter or spring I will be back out working. when my work is done & I get bored I go out & get new work.
  8. gene gls

gene gls LawnSite Gold Member

The grass is growing great, just like spring conditions. Started partial cleanups back on Monday.