Mowing on easter?!?

Discussion in 'Industry Surveys & Polls' started by flyingdutch16, Apr 8, 2012.

?

Mowing on easter?

1. Yes

14 vote(s)
    13.9%
  2. No

87 vote(s)
    86.1%
  1. flyingdutch16

flyingdutch16 LawnSite Senior Member

Just wondering who is all mowing on easter? Im only mowing my own lawn but that is about it. If it wasent for the mulch guy closing early yesterday i would be mulching today too.

2. lazor-cut

lazor-cut LawnSite Senior Member
    from Wixom

No i actually have a LIFE... And a Family.
    We finished everything yesterday. Its also a sunday.. we never work on sundays unless it rains..

3. You have got to be kidding.

4. lazor-cut

lazor-cut LawnSite Senior Member
    from Wixom

Haha I was!
    Posted via Mobile Device

5. yardguy28

yardguy28 LawnSite Platinum Member

on lunch right now but will have done 10 residential yards by the time the day is over with......

6. flyingdutch16

flyingdutch16 LawnSite Senior Member

I decided not to cut today, dont wanna ruin my blades with those easter eggs all over the yard!

7. OakNut

OakNut LawnSite Platinum Member

Nope.

I don't work Sundays unless I'm really backed up as a result of the weather, but even so, I wouldn't work a major holiday/Sunday.

People don't want/expect you to either.
    I worked 3 jobs yesterday where they paid me an extra "tip" for "coming over on a holiday weekend". That was nice of them.

8. yardguy28

yardguy28 LawnSite Platinum Member

Easter is generally a religious holiday so those who aren't religious might not hold the holiday as something special.

as far as those not expecting you to work on the holiday/sunday. tell that to the 10 residentials I'm mowing today. they all called me to make sure I would be there to cut there grass today because I am behind from last week and it's getting long.

any time I fall behind its expected I work the weekend to catch up. holiday or not, sunday or not.

9. easy-lift guy

easy-lift guy LawnSite Gold Member

I have told my customers that I do not work on Holidays and Sundays, they not only have no problem with my decision I suspect they in turn have more respect for my services rendered and regards for their neighbors as well. I would never have any customer dictate to me how I was to work much less have 10 customers contact me to make sure I was going to mow their lawn, regardless how far behind I was. Nice to know I work for myself and that my customers will never have me as well trained as some I have read about.
    easy-lift guy

10. Duekster

Duekster LawnSite Fanatic
    from DFW, TX

Anything on Sunday will wait till Monday. On Easter, I do nothing from sun down Good Friday until Monday.