Mowing on easter?!?

Discussion in 'Industry Surveys & Polls' started by flyingdutch16, Apr 8, 2012.

?

Mowing on easter?

1. Yes

14 vote(s)
    13.9%
  2. No

87 vote(s)
    86.1%
  1. nepatsfan

nepatsfan LawnSite Gold Member

Yep...I want some date stamped photos for next time. I'm callin bs

2. lazor-cut

lazor-cut LawnSite Senior Member
    from Wixom

being fortunate enough to be 37 and still have both of my parents is a blessing. So every holiday i do my best to take off, not only for my self but also for my guys.... Where else am i going to get a good home-cooked meal like this?
    [​IMG]

3. highlander316

highlander316 LawnSite Senior Member

i was recovering from a night of heavy binge White Castle eating followed by lots of beer. You can bet I didn't work that Sunday lol. I saw one guy out mowing. Easter is one of the 5 biggest holidays. Christmas, New Years, Thanksgiving and 4th of July imo. Unless it's snowing or an extreme emergency, take the time off. There's 360 other days to work.

4. Valk

Valk LawnSite Silver Member

I didn't work...but it seemed that every other homeowner was mowing their own lawn on this Easter Holiday. My gal & I noticed all this activity during our leisurely walk through our neighborhood.

5. lazor-cut

lazor-cut LawnSite Senior Member
    from Wixom

i noticed that too... but i think there is still a difference between a resi mower and a commercial mower. Still rather push ahead the wek before and have enverything done by the holiday.

6. cgaengineer

cgaengineer LawnSite Fanatic

No work on Easter, I do however work some Sunday's if needed for my commercial props...I hate dealing with all the cars.
    Posted via Mobile Device

7. BOSS LAWN 2343

BOSS LAWN 2343 LawnSite Senior Member

8. Duekster

Duekster LawnSite Fanatic
    from DFW, TX

That is a good point but you can get there many times before the people show up

9. Dunlaps LawnCare

Dunlaps LawnCare LawnSite Senior Member

commercial lots we did

10. MR-G

MR-G LawnSite Senior Member

WE RUN MON-FRI 8-4....NO EXCEPTIONS !!! myself and my crew have a life, family, ect. ect. if it rains oh well we get behind....deal with it!!! we have been running this way for 25 yrs. and it has work out great...why should we lose our time off just because it rains....rain affects all of us...customers included...they either wait or find another lco....funny thing is we hardley ever lose a client due to being behind....and we NEVER work ANY holidays.....:usflag: