Mowing only Business Model

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by WJW Lawn, May 9, 2007.

1. WJW Lawn

WJW Lawn LawnSite Bronze Member

Is anyone still doing the justmowit thing? Hows it going?

2. ed2hess

ed2hess LawnSite Fanatic

They moved into our area last year....changed the name a little but use same trucks, web site and door hangers. . I seen them mowing yesterday and that that 21" mower they use did not give a good cut on a bi-weekly yard.

3. WJW Lawn

Ok but I guess the big question is...does making your setup simple...targeting smaller lawns...keeping prices lower all while being legit...and only mowing...does this really pay off?

4. lawnspecialties

lawnspecialties LawnSite Silver Member

Sometimes I wish I could. But, I always think if some other LCO comes in to do something I won't or can't, am I inviting trouble?:confused:

5. dKoester

dKoester LawnSite Gold Member

Our prices are set at a premium. Our quality sets us apart from the others easily. It is funny when the other lawn guys drive by when we are working and almost break their neck.

6. ed2hess

ed2hess LawnSite Fanatic

If you put enough trucks in the field you can do real well....that is their model! He pays workers by the job and replaces equipment after it is out of warranty. I doubt if an individual can use model(low prices) and cut enough yards to make a good living.In our area the yards are small but they are a little big for 21" unit.

7. quiet

quiet LawnSite Senior Member

. . . but the real profit is in applications. You're there every week. Why let someone else get the profitable end of the biz? And why work around someone else's app schedule?

8. WJW Lawn

Justmowit grossed 1.4 Million dollars in sales in 2004 on mowing. Thats pretty profitable!! lol

9. Sandgropher

Sandgropher LawnSite Senior Member

Would this justmowit outfit be classed as a lowballer ? i have seen the website before and it gives a standard rate for lawns up to so many feet , not knowing the rates in that area i cant make a judgement.

10. Envy Lawn Service

Envy Lawn Service LawnSite Fanatic

That's what the company grossed before expenses.

So the 1.4 million is not profit.