1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

mowing over a pizza

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by 1MajorTom, Jun 25, 2007.

what would you have done with the pizza?

1. Jumped off the machine, ate it all, who cares about a few bugs?

3 vote(s)
  2. Stopped the machine, and put the pizza on the porch.

23 vote(s)
  3. Mowed it over.

29 vote(s)
  4. Put the pizza in the truck to take home to the wife and kids

1 vote(s)
  5. Mowed around it.

19 vote(s)
  1. 1MajorTom

1MajorTom Senior Moderator

So, just when we thought we've seen and heard it all, Matt came home the other evening to tell me this. Seems he was cutting a lawn, when out in the middle of a lawn, sorta by a tree was a pizza. A full pizza. He said it was one of those cheap microwave oven pizzas, like those Totino pizzas. Anyhow, it was perfectly cut into 6 slices. He said surely the customer didn't make it for him, and expect him to eat that, with bugs, grass, dirt, getting on it. He said that he didn't feel like getting off the machine, so he ran it over.

Well a little while later, the customer came out, and he appeared mad. He said, "why did you run over that pizza?" Matt says, "what did you want me to do with it?" The customer says, "i just made that for the birds." Matt says, "the BIRDS? you can't give that to birds." the customer says, "why not? I make it for them all the time." Matt says, "well i helped them out a little bit then, and chopped it up for them." The customer says, "next time you see a pizza out here, don't run it over, just mow around it."

What would you have done? lol... I'll set this up as a poll.
  2. Lynden-Jeff

Lynden-Jeff LawnSite Bronze Member

Mowed over. Would have been fun.

MOW PRO LAWN SERVICE LawnSite Bronze Member

With out beer i guess set it on the porch.
  4. fergman

fergman LawnSite Senior Member
    from VA

i would have mowed around it and maybe blew grass on it and then put it on the porch. if they said anything then id tell them they got an extra topping for free.
  5. mowerman90

mowerman90 LawnSite Bronze Member

I would of muched the customer!
  6. americanlawn

americanlawn LawnSite Fanatic
    from midwest

Charge extra for distributing the pizza to all the birds.
  7. Jason Rose

Jason Rose LawnSite Fanatic

Well that's about the craziest thing Iv'e heard today...
  8. bowhunter74

bowhunter74 LawnSite Member
    from mo

Thats some funny chit. I can just picture some grumpy old man saying that to. :laugh:
  9. lazyike

lazyike LawnSite Senior Member

Its crazy that you posted a topic about a pizza in the yard..... Last week at one of my properties the was a full store bought cooked pizza in the yard........ Are we missing some new bird feeding phenomena????

Buy the way................................ I ran that sucka over. :drinkup: :cool2: :cool2: :drinkup:
  10. Ric3077

Ric3077 LawnSite Bronze Member

Weird...I guess I would have moved it, that's what I did when I found a stupid harry potter book in a customers front lawn by a busy street...I just tossed it in the road (side of the road). It looked brand new and they have no kids so I don't know, someone probably got it as a gift and was like pissed at the crappy gift and threw it on my customers lawn as they were driving by.