Mowing & Plowing......

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by nbizati, Oct 1, 2006.

1. nbizati

nbizati LawnSite Member

How many guys here do both plowing and lawncare? What equipment do you have? Just curious. Thanks.:usflag:

2. DBL

DBL LawnSite Silver Member

we do both have three ram 2500 with 8' plows and are in a deal for a 95 chevy diesel dump with a plow

thats the cliff notes

3. jcb287

jcb287 LawnSite Member

Dodge Turbo Diesel Trucks for plowing.
    Exmark equipment for mowing.

4. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

3 PSD 350's with 8' plows...have 2 subs who work for me as well. Ferris mowers mostly.

5. zim bob the landscaper

zim bob the landscaper LawnSite Bronze Member

chevy 2500 with 8' fisher
    bunton 52" w/b
    craftsman 42" tractor
    next season im gonna have a gravely or a cub tank i cant get a real expensive machine no more. :cry:

6. Turfsnow

Turfsnow LawnSite Member
    from NH

3 dodge cummins, 2 with 8' X-Blades, 1 with 8' Fisher Minute Mount, 1 2500 chevy with 8' FMM, 1 Dodge 3500 with 9" FMM, and 3 sanders( 2 highway, 1 fisher)

7. 6'7 330

6'7 330 LawnSite Bronze Member

Several Chevy and GMC pickups,as well as other plow rigs.Commercial account plowing , is a very good revenue generator.

8. TJLANDS

TJLANDS LawnSite Bronze Member

My favorite time of year. Nine plow trucks with Western and Blizzard plows.
    Air-Flo insert salters, New Holland tractors and Bobcat skid steers..
    Also have 11 Ariens snow blowers.

9. Jpocket

Jpocket LawnSite Silver Member

We mow and plow also: 1980 GMC one ton central hydraulics, Tailgate spreader, and an 8.5 Meyers. a 1985 GMC 2500 w/7.5 meyers, and a 1985 Chevy w/ Western setup.

Im still trying to build my plowing business, as it is nowhere near the size of my lawn biz. I only have a few commercial lots. WE DON"T DO RESIDENTIAL, don't need to deal with all the idiots after the mowing season is done.:)

10. meets1

meets1 LawnSite Gold Member

4 chevys with hiniker plows, 2 straight, 2 V plows. Case skid, 2 New Holland tractors with front mount blowers, 1 honda WB and 2 small toro WB.

Mowing equipment - Handheld - mostly Red Max, mowers - 6 Toro's riders - 52"decks - 10.5ft decks. * JD walkbehinds.