mowing price question

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by LBFmd, Jun 5, 2008.

1. LBFmd

LBFmd LawnSite Member
    from MD

hey All,

hopefully some of you can answer a question for me. I am mowing residentials in Timonium, MD and have been pricing out small lots like 15,000 sq feet at around $35 bucks a cut. Am I too low? I know the whole thing about expenses and stuff and making a profit, but i just dont want to be low balling and leaving more money out there that i could be making. Any help would be great.

Thanks,
    John

2. punt66

punt66 LawnSite Fanatic

That sounds about right. $35 is my minimum.

3. jaredslawnserv

jaredslawnserv LawnSite Member

is it good quality grass?

4. bohiaa

bohiaa LawnSite Fanatic

If it takes you 1 hr. and your comfortable making JUST 35.00 an hour, Minus fuel minus euiptment MINUS MINUS MINUS.....

Then go for it

5. punt66

punt66 LawnSite Fanatic

i hope it doesnt take him 1 hour. Your goal should be 60-70 per hour. So your lots for $35 should take you 30-35 minutes to completion. bohiaa, you dont make all your money in 1 lawn. Especially in Texas!

6. LBFmd

LBFmd LawnSite Member
    from MD

it does take about 30 minutes and I have taken my minuses into account also. like i said though it would be nice if I was undercharging in my area then i could raise my prices and make a few extra dollars.

7. steve m

steve m LawnSite Member

sounds like your too low 45.00 to 55.00 is better aren't you worth it??????

8. punt66

punt66 LawnSite Fanatic

wow Steve you must make a fortune! I do mow 15 per day so at $55 for 30 min cuts thats $825 a dayfor a 8-9 hour shift. And to think with all that money you make your bored and on lawnsite! Cant make all your money on 1 customer. Grow your business and dont nickel and dime your customers and you will succeed.

9. k911lowe

k911lowe LawnSite Senior Member

what he said.

10. lawnbutch

lawnbutch LawnSite Member
    from Colo.

In my area I would charge $75 to $90 for 15000' or by the hour at about $90 per hour, Hay what are you going to charge when fuel hits, god forbid, $8 or $9 per gal. I won't and don't give my labor away, and every time fuel goes up, so does your machines.:hammerhead: