1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

mowing prices next year

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by lawnworker, Sep 20, 2006.

1. lawnworker

lawnworker LawnSite Senior Member

Hey every one, I am wondering what peoples Mowing charge averages will be per thousand square foot next year. This is considering residential lots. I am now close to $3.00 per 1000. I will be measuring some yards to verify this.
  2. lawncuttinfoo

lawncuttinfoo LawnSite Bronze Member

Do you mean how much it costs you to mow it?

next year I will be charging around $7 I suppose
  3. lawnworker

charging seven dollors per 1000' square feet of turf- no way you must not be understanding my post.

I measured three today, and I am about at$2.50 per 1000 on my charges for mowing.
  4. fastlane

fastlane LawnSite Senior Member

$300. an acre?
  5. JJLandscapes

JJLandscapes LawnSite Senior Member

this is the most ******** post

rephrase your original post some people seem to be real confused

$5 for every 1000 here about thats property size not actual grass but corner houses are diff prices
  6. nobagger

nobagger LawnSite Gold Member
    from Pa

Well fuel prices, atleast around here are on the decline big time. Regular unleaded dropped from 2.99/gal. to 2.39 in a week and a half and are expected to go under 2.00 within the next three weeks. So there goes that excuse to raise prices, lol.
  7. Flex-Deck

Flex-Deck LawnSite Silver Member

Wow - That is $220 per acre. Where do you live - I may have to move.
  8. lawnworker

Man my post is not that hard to read.

How much does everyone charge per one thousand square feet? Example 1/2 acre is approximately 22,000 square feet 22000/ 1000 = 22 units of 1000 feet squared

So say you base your rates on 3 per 1000 a half acre would go for 3/22= 66 dollars. If that is so hard to understand ? If it is,I would go see if McDonald's is hiring. Whats ******** is not coming up with some great guidelines to help simplify charging the customer and insuring a good yearly salary.

I am trying to see if i am under or over bidding based on others in the industry, and get a general idea where other profesionals are in this busines in 2006/2007
  9. lawnworker

So Jl in the New York area 110 for 1/2 acre is pretty common?
  10. Uranus

Uranus LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Mass

You would bid yourself out of the market where I live. All of us up here bid by time. not sq ft. Doing your math my yard would be over 125 a week. there is no way you could get that here. I'd charge about 80 a week at the most. (around an acre) We just look at the yard and know what its going to take for time and what are expences are and can tell you in under 2 seconds what we could cut it for.