mowing problems

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Pate's Lawn Service, Apr 8, 2007.

1. Pate's Lawn Service

Pate's Lawn Service LawnSite Member

I need to get a fix to the problem of blocking off the discharge shoot of my mower for one are two jobs,,, the problem is this ; I have to mow these small 2 mower wide islands and when I do I get grass all over the parkinglot making the clean up blowing time consuming and aggrovating .. Not to mention all the dust I eat on some of my really dry jobs ... I will need this piece to be very easy to remove and re-install due to different job needs..... please help ???? I have a exmark 50in with the triton deck on it..

2. smcunningham

smcunningham LawnSite Senior Member

ocdc, do asearch on these four letters

3. Ultimatelawncareinc

Ultimatelawncareinc LawnSite Member

use a old lincse plate it should fit over the shoot perfectly if i remember right just rig up a way to put on and take off

4. Pate's Lawn Service

How do you attach it to the mower though ???

5. gqnine44

gqnine44 LawnSite Senior Member

Are u kidding? There are several products for just this purpose. A license plate???

Try power chute, easy chute, etc., etc.,

6. Pate's Lawn Service

please give me a website address please ?? And thanks for the help

7. topsites

topsites LawnSite Fanatic

Yup, the dust is the number one reason I won't touch another yard like that, but don't feel bad, I have more than a few :cry:

As for the islands, proper mowing, proper direction and low rpm's resolves a lot of it, here's a rough diagram:
    {assumed right side discharge} First cut out the two paths along the edges at low rpm, this becomes your back-and-forth travel path, then only cut in between and use the paths for travel...
    [​IMG]

(ahhh yes my skillful pics lol)

This 2nd picture shows another method which involves traveling around the outside of the bed and scooping in between each time you go around, by going deeper and deeper but with the chute facing out, all the clippings get shot outwards from in there...
    Hope the method gets across, my picasso skills are a bit, erm, challenged...
    [​IMG]

8. Pate's Lawn Service

Oh yeah , I do it that when I can ,, but the only true fix would be a bagger system,, and for some reason I cant find one for my mower ( I have a exmark 50in with the triton deck... any leads ???