1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Mowing question

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by William J. L., Mar 26, 2005.

1. William J. L.

William J. L. LawnSite Member

For years I've sold lawn care and landscaping...by a rate card and set prices.
    But now I'm finding myself having to sell more and more mowing with this new company I'm with. I'm discovering that it's difficult to write a rate card for mowing...you have to see it physically and just have to sort of decide how long it will take. We have a minimum and a price per acre but I really want to write a nice guidline rate card. Do any of you have an actual price guide?
  2. Patrick.B

Patrick.B LawnSite Senior Member

i'd really don't have no price guidline i set on ....i've been doing this long enough to know about what to charge when i see the yard ..next season i will get into landscaping and might be having a price book on landscaping ..next season will be my first season i get into landscaping ,,,Most of the time i get my timer right when i bid on a yard cut ,,,i know what my mower can do and i know about how long it will take me to do the job ,,,,sometime clean up job take me a little longer to estimates but Most of the time i figure little less or more ,,,,i'd got a call this morning for a clean up ..i went look at the property and it will take me about 4.5 hours to clean up ! and this just a one time Only He said his Lawn Service don't do clean up ,,,so i'd told him i will charge $325 and he agree,,, Hope that a little help for you and good luck !!!!!!!!!
  3. Let it Grow

Let it Grow LawnSite Senior Member

I do have a price guide that is based on how long I think it will take me to mow a lawn. In my opinion that is the best way to price lawns because there are so many variables.
  4. William J. L.

William J. L. LawnSite Member

Does your price guide allow for variables...such as a flat 10,000 with nothing in the way...another 10,000 with lots of trees and gazebos and swingsets...and maybe another one with hills or a difficult entry?
    My lawn care rate card has one price...but should my mowing rate card say: $50 to $60 for this size....$60 to $70 for that size Etc?