Mowing rates in central iowa

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by ALAN'S LAWN CARE, Apr 30, 2005.

1. ALAN'S LAWN CARE

ALAN'S LAWN CARE LawnSite Member
    from IOWA

I'm just starting my own business....Whats the rate to charge for mowing..I do have a few but they arn't big yards pretty small....Also what do you guys charge for fall clean ups..thanks

2. Kickin Your Grass

Kickin Your Grass LawnSite Senior Member

Nice name for the business.

3. KurtisInIowa

KurtisInIowa LawnSite Member

Hey Alan,
    Good for you man. I am in Des Moines and just started up an 'outdoor services' company. Basically tree work and landscaping. A few clients have asked me if i mow. I don't, and don't think i want to, but i'd be happy to work out a cross referral arrangement with you if you are good! My company is 'KMS Outdoor Services' , aka, 'KMS Outdoors'. I live on the west side of town, near the new mall. You will know it's me if you see a big red and yellow monster Durango driving around. Or, I also have a crazy looking wood chipper mounted on a dual axle trailer with a big dump box on it. People stare like crazy at me trying to figure out what i am.
    OH, on the rates for mowing, I see in town (1/4 acre or so) lots going for $25-$35, and acre lots for around $55 depending on location/difficulty, etc.
    Later,
    Kurt
    KMS Outdoors

4. ALAN'S LAWN CARE

from IOWA

hey Kurtis

i think i may have seen you yesterday in des moines or atleast i think it was your truck..im helping my brother in law move he just did buy a house.....

5. ALAN'S LAWN CARE

from IOWA

hey Kurtis

my brother in law has a big tree at his house its all dead there is no life to it....could i get a hold of you sometime and have you come look at it to see how much it would be to take it all out..i tryed sending you a pm but i couldnt get it to work..i think ill still be here tomorrow..may go back to fort dodge wendesday night...

6. Four Seasons Lawn Care

Four Seasons Lawn Care LawnSite Member

Aside from the basics such as insurance and business license, tax id etc... I need to know if I need any kind of license to do lawn care in Iowa. Sites I have looked at for businesses show contractor license #'s. All i want to offer is mow, trim weeds, edge, rake leaves, aerate lawn, and apply fertilizer by drop spreader. Winter will be snow removal and salting. I want to start residential, then progress into commercial as the business grows. I know you need a license for pesticides or landscape architect, but to just mow lawns i'm not sure.

7. SangerLawn

SangerLawn LawnSite Senior Member
    from indiana

thats great lol :drinkup:

8. Trevor8

Trevor8 LawnSite Senior Member
    from IA

where do you live in iowa

9. cmdnvs

cmdnvs LawnSite Member

You guys know this thread is 4 years old right?