mowing saturday due to rain

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by lawncare18, May 13, 2006.

1. lawncare18

lawncare18 LawnSite Senior Member

How many of ya guys worked all day saturday due to the rain, im sure many of you will be working sunday... Grass is growing fast now and im loving it!!!!

2. Eight lawns today. Taking off Mothers Day.

3. MysticLandscape

MysticLandscape LawnSite Bronze Member

Can mow anything now, unless someones got a boat or jet ski with a 48 " deck?

4. jpp

jpp LawnSite Silver Member

We did cut today. All lawns have been cut at least once this week. Radar showed more rain so instead of cutting the route we did on Monday we went and laid 77 bags of mulch with another 73 bags left to go. On bag 77 a clap of thunder and it was a downpour. Not cutting on Sunday here. Spending it with Mom.

5. Jpocket

Jpocket LawnSite Silver Member

You use bagged mulch??????

6. jpp

jpp LawnSite Silver Member

Unfortunately, yes, we were not able to get the trailer close enough to the property with out bottoming (sp) it out on the drive with bulk mulch on it. So I had three skids delivered right to the areas that I need it at. Mind you they are 3 cu ftr's. He wanted the black mulch and that is only what it came in.I prefer using the bulk but there was no way in He$$ I was going to wheel barrow it up that dang drive.

7. grassyfras

grassyfras LawnSite Bronze Member

I did! I did!

8. Ever Green

Ever Green LawnSite Member

9 lawns today...3 in the rain...that is 3 seperate rain storms...couldn't win today/this week!

9. Howie's Lawn Care

Howie's Lawn Care LawnSite Senior Member

I mowed some thin foot tall stuff today. Made some ruts and had to cut about three times. The city threatened to mow it for them and I heard they charge $150.00 for a stop like that. $55 cash for 80 minutes I workded 9.25 HRS at my other job for only $74.00.

10. Mike's Lawn & Snow

Mike's Lawn & Snow LawnSite Senior Member

well it'll probably be to cold for people to be outside on mothers day so we plan on working at least a half day sunday considering we are still behind half of thursdays jobs.