Mowing Schools and Cemetaries

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Parched1, Mar 9, 2007.

1. Parched1

Parched1 LawnSite Member

Any idea on what the going rate is for pricing large area like schools and cemetaries. I have a pretty good idea on my costs and is contemplating looking at this market segment next year and was wondering if I should be looking for specialized equipment this year, such as mowers with out front decks. We currently run walk behinds, 48", 52" and 60" with sulkies.

I don't want to under bid on these projects. Both will involve minimal trimming. Any typical pricing would be appreciated. We Service the Greater Cincinnati, area.

Thanks and happy mowing.

2. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

typical would be in the $25 - $35 range per acre

3. Tight Angles

Tight Angles LawnSite Senior Member

Doesn't the city usually have the contracts for the schools? Sometimes they sub it out, but where I'm from I always see city workers cutting those properties.

4. LwnmwrMan22

LwnmwrMan22 LawnSite Platinum Member

We push out the schools / township parks somewhere between $20 and $25 / acre.

I know, it's low, but it's what other guys are charging, and since it's low bid, you search for equipment that'll allow you to do it at that price.

On my commercial accounts, I'm more towards the $45-50 / acre, but that's also the high end.

Maybe I should just do it all for $38 / acre and be happy??

5. worksplay

worksplay LawnSite Member
    from PA

minimal trimming in a cemetary?

6. Rhinox29

Rhinox29 LawnSite Member

We get $35 dollars an acre for the 2 schools we do.

7. Flex-Deck

Flex-Deck LawnSite Silver Member

For schools around here, it seems that you have to be under $20 per acre to get them. (I have none) I do a lot of large properties, and those are $25-32.50 per acre. I bid a cemetary at $110 per acre, and that is the lowest I would bid on one of those high trimming high labor type jobs. I did not get the bid, and am happy about it, although for $110 I would have done it and been happy. Git what I mean. cemetaries are so labor intensive, and time consuming.