Mowing Schools

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by CLC, Jul 17, 2012.

1. CLC

CLC LawnSite Member

I just had my local schools call looking for a price per mow. Its about 13 acres of flat activity feilds and 2 acres of small islands and around buildings.
    I hate to ask but what is a rough price per cut I should charge with or with out trimming? I just want to be in the ballpark, I havent had to bid on 15 acres at a time.
    Thanks so much!
  2. calvinslawnservices

calvinslawnservices LawnSite Senior Member

What's your price for one acre?

3. about $15 per acre.
  4. LandFakers

LandFakers LawnSite Fanatic
    from CT

15 seems real low
    Posted via Mobile Device
  5. Grassman67

Grassman67 LawnSite Member

Just go mow it for free once then you will know what to bid. LOL
    There are a lot of threads on this forum about how to calculate your operating cost and productivity with your equipment. Do some more reading. There is no way anyone can tell you what to bid.
  6. C Jovingo Landscaping

C Jovingo Landscaping LawnSite Senior Member

If you charge $15 an acre, you may be in over your head. Do you even know what 1 acre is? I won't fire up my mower for less than $20 & that is a postage stamp sized city lot. At that price per acre, you can't tell me you have insurance.
    Posted via Mobile Device
  7. jsslawncare

jsslawncare LawnSite Bronze Member

I could bring 3 crew's out for $12.50 an acre. With insurance and some of the worker's even pay taxes!
  8. Grassman67

Grassman67 LawnSite Member

""some of the worker's even pay taxes! ""

What kind of deal are you running here.
  9. 93Chevy

93Chevy LawnSite Fanatic

You must be in a really populated area. I can barely get $10 per acre over here.
  10. CLC

CLC LawnSite Member

lets stay on track! thanks for the input. $15 is out of the question Im leaning to 35-60 per acre