Mowing Section 8 properties?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Andover Landscape Co., Sep 19, 2012.

1. Weekendwrench

Weekendwrench LawnSite Member
    from NY

I just turned down over 100 section 8 properties. After a lot of thought, the headache would not outweigh the good.

2. JimLewis

JimLewis LawnSite Fanatic

How is it we're able to do year-round service up here in Oregon where it's much cooler but in Texas there's nothing to do for 3 months? Which months? What happens to the landscapes during those months? Nothing to do at all those months? Here there's always something that needs to be done. Pruning shrubs, weeding beds, winter fertilizer, limestone applications, leaf raking, etc.

3. Mikegyver

Mikegyver LawnSite Bronze Member

I guess it depends on where you are in texas, but here its busy (with leaves) until christmas, january is slow (but still leaves are out), and then feb/march we start having weeds and such.
    Mike

4. JLSLLC

JLSLLC LawnSite Silver Member

This is what do when i do some work in da hood by me (camden) Im NOT THRILLED about doing work there but the Companies i work for take care of me...

Get there EARLY!!!!! Makes a world of difference :waving: Keep your stuff locked down tight, truck near you, and get, in get out, dont be Perfect, good luck

5. MOturkey

MOturkey LawnSite Silver Member

Just remember the residents are among the "47%". :)

6. Duekster

Duekster LawnSite Fanatic
    from DFW, TX

There is work to do but it pretty much dries up from Christmas through the middle of March. It is more of a mind set than anything else.