1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Mowing setup suggestions

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by mattydjakd, Nov 21, 2003.

1. mattydjakd

mattydjakd LawnSite Member

Upon graduation of college, I am thinking about mowing some lawns part time, 10 or fewer....I have been in this business for about 6 years, so I have some idea of what I think I should do (mostly summers) and I have done this before, but with about 25 lawns....i had a 97' power stroke, 16ft trailer, 60" rider, 48" walk behind, stihl blower and trimmers, and little wonder wheeled blower....I was wondering what you guys would suggest for a set up for 10 lawns or less......What size truck?, engine? trailer or no trailer? Mower (s)? size mowers? I think what I had before would be overkill for just a few lawns......lawn size 1-2 1/2 acres......(NO PLOWING, but want 4x4......
  2. precisioncut

precisioncut LawnSite Senior Member

you "had"-do you not have any more? I all depends on what you want, what kind of customers you have, etc. If you were doing this before you should have a good idea of what you will need. But keep posting your questions and use the search engine, it holds just about every question anyone can think of.
    Best of luck to ya:D