Mowing speed

Discussion in 'Hustler Turf Equip (Archived)' started by dagrel42, Jul 2, 2005.

1. dagrel42

dagrel42 LawnSite Member

I have a question regarding mowing speed. I am primarily interested in the Fasttrak and Minifastrak. I see that both of these mowers will go up to 7 mph. My yard is relatively smooth with a few small dips and bumps. At what speed can I reasonably expect to mow. Also, does having a mower with a suspension seat or suspension enable one to mow very much faster than the speed at which one of these mowers would mow. I am mowing approximately 1.75-2.0 acres with plenty of trees.

One other question: which Kohler engine is available on the Mini- and Fastrak
    (command vs. courage).

Thank you.
  2. mowerconsultant

mowerconsultant LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Syracuse, NY

The ground speed is related to the condition of the lawn and the growth and moisture content of the grass.
    If your lawn is smooth, then you will be able to go a bit faster or a full 7 mph when the grass is not overgrown or wet.
    The Seat springs will make your ride more comfortable, there is a set built into the Mini FasTrak and they are optional on the FasTrak.
    As to the engine, the Kohler's we use in the FasTrak and Mini FasTrak are the Courage series, we do use the Command in our commercial Mini Z and Super Mini Z and of course the Super Z also.
    Hope this helps.