1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Mowing St. Augustine

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by usmc2033, Jul 24, 2003.

1. usmc2033

usmc2033 LawnSite Member

Does anyone have a problem with mowing St. Augustine? Basicially about the time I'm done mowing a bunch of it pops back up from where the tires were while mowing. This particular yard is done with trim mowers all the way. This is the only yard I have had this problem with and we do mainly St. Augustine.
  2. rkbrown

rkbrown LawnSite Senior Member

Take slightly less than a full swath and make sure that you mow in different directions from week to week.
  3. Floridalandcare

Floridalandcare LawnSite Senior Member
    from Tampa

Were you in the Marines ..... I was a 1833 ,Amphibious Assault Crewman,,, 2 AABN 2nd MARDIV Camp Lejeune ,NC
  4. usmc2033

usmc2033 LawnSite Member

Semper Fi, (I hate that Mail call show, that guy is embarrasing but funny)

I spent most of my time with the Tennage Mutant Ninja Turtles, well thats what I called them). Forve Recon is the official name I guess. Remember "Q" on James Bond? Thats what I did for these guys more or less. Weapons mainly. Worked in a shop making gadgets at Quantico and other places. Went to Lejune a few times to service sniper rifles.