Mowing Truck

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by DeepMudRancher, May 17, 2007.

1. DeepMudRancher

DeepMudRancher LawnSite Member

ok guys and gals....
    i was driving around and i saw a truck that i really like. They want 19,000 for it and the guy offered me way too much for the trade on my truck....(He really liked it and said he was going to buy it) I have a 2001 Yukon with 100,000 miles on it with a stereo that will blow doors off, brushguards, roof racks, and loud exhausts.... I think i can get 13,000 out of it.

The truck i want is a 2004 Chevy 2500HD Duramax Diesel, With Banks Power Pack and 140,000 miles. The guy has changed the wheels on it, put a bedliner in it, changed exhauts, and it looks to have been taken very good care of...

I want to drive it today, and see how I like it.....I know i will be amazed by the power difference in pulling trailers, and just driving without....Another good thing is the gas mileage is better than my yukon, and diesel prices are dropping (2.52) by my house.

My dad is saying diesels are too expensive to work on, but with only 140,000 on a diesel, it will run til 300,000-500,000 if taken good care of.....What do yall think, should i go back and look at it, or stay away.

I think i could talk him down to 17,500 - 18,000.

What do yall think my yukon is worth also? 13,000?

2. MarcSmith

MarcSmith LawnSite Fanatic

2001 GMC Yukon SLE 4WD 4dr SUV (4.8L 8cyl 4A) trade-in in 11K dealer retail around 14K in great condition...

After market stuff really doesn't add much if anything to the value of a vehicle...If you want to get your money back out of the aftermarket stuff, you should return the vehicle to stock condition and list the aftermarket stuff for sale

when I sold my 94 Impala SS I got a higher price for it unmodified than I did modified... and I got some more of my $$ back when I sold the aftermarket goodies...

Check out KBB, Edmunds, NADA fro more pricing...

dealer retail on the 2500Hd is 17.9K. so you should have some wiggle room...

3. EngineeredLawns

EngineeredLawns LawnSite Member

You will never know how much stress that engine has had since it does have the Power Pack on it. They could have run it at the max and hurt the longivity of the engine.

4. DeepMudRancher

Would you buy it if it was you?

5. ChadsLawn

ChadsLawn LawnSite Bronze Member

What kind of stereo is this? Amp, subs,Head unit. Box design?

6. DeepMudRancher

i didnt change the head unit so it would look stock ( i like deception), i have two amps, One kenwood 800watt and a sony xplod amp 800watt, with two twelve inch sony xlplod subs, 4 kicker speakers, and 4 kicker tweeters.....it will pound....and its just a normal box design, with the amp mounted on the back.