1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Mowing Underwear

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by DA Quality Lawn & YS, Mar 29, 2013.

1. DA Quality Lawn & YS

DA Quality Lawn & YS LawnSite Fanatic

OK guys what works for you?
    I just saw some in the Duluth Trading Company mag that look intriguing.
    Basically, can't get soaked, must breathe, must not ride up, must not chafe.

2. Jimslawncareservice

Jimslawncareservice LawnSite Platinum Member
    from mn

when it get that hot and humid nothing is going to work 100% besides not working. i just wear regular boxers and take a 10 min break, bring an extra pair of undies and pants or just take them off when it gets that bad. i change shirts at every property that over an acre.

3. Blade Runners

Blade Runners LawnSite Bronze Member

Just go commando:)

4. Valk

Valk LawnSite Silver Member

Boxer briefs that are long work best for me. I get Champion brand at Target. There's a shorter one with less inseam...I go for the longer inseam version. Any former chief complaints are GONE. These breathe = a MAJOR attribute. Inexpensive and they last. Any holes and they're in the trash faster than I can throw them.

5. pseudosun

pseudosun LawnSite Bronze Member

I'm gonna check out the champion boxer briefs. I've been looking for a good fit for a while. I can't remember the last time i wore the short type underwear. Loose boxers feel weird to me. Boxer briefs are for me; i just need to find the right brand and style.

6. weeze

weeze LawnSite Fanatic

i hate having boxer briefs on my legs. it makes it hotter to me.

i just wear hanes comfort wasteband briefs as of now. they do get wet with sweat on hot days though.

i need some regular briefs made of a different material than cotton.

7. dstifel

dstifel LawnSite Senior Member

Thong isn't bad keeps the boys separated. But I prefer fruit of the loom. I'm one of those really stocky guys though so I slways have trouble with chaffing I dont think there is a cure in all honesty. Gold bond is my friend

8. Valk

Valk LawnSite Silver Member

Same here, and the cure for me are these longer inseamed boxer briefs. These do not hang loosely, they adhere due to being spandex-y in their own way. They breathe......making them non-irritating in all the right ways.

9. lazyike

lazyike LawnSite Senior Member

2 words...... Jockey Pouch...... I have tried close to 20 brands for those reasons and these jockeys are the cat meow...

10. larryinalabama

larryinalabama LawnSite Fanatic

I may be a kitty, but i keep baby powder on the truck and use it on the humid summer days a couple of times.

I aint showing my stuff till yal show yours first lol