1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Mowing w/button shirts

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by lawntennis, Jan 10, 2010.

1. lawntennis

lawntennis LawnSite Senior Member

Thining of changing our uniforms from t-shirts to button down the front short sleeve shirts. Anyone ever mow in them?

2. meicher806

meicher806 LawnSite Senior Member

I have not but I have thought about it, gives more of a professional look IMO. I just ordered a polo style with our logo on it, if i like it I am planning on ordering 20 more. The only thing i worry about with the full button down is the guys unbuttoning them on the job, with the polo they wont be able to do this, thus keeping a more professional immage.

3. SNAPPER MAN

SNAPPER MAN LawnSite Silver Member

I bought some long sleeve button down shirts for my foreman. He prefers them to the regular t-shirts. They cost a lot more though if you have a name patch and company name put on em. In my opinion they are good for foreman but for just laborers use long sleeve t-shirts. Thats my opinion.

4. Valk

Valk LawnSite Silver Member

I do - with a performance cloth/material t-shirt underneath. The 2 keep me cooler than either one worn individually. The only issue I have is when a piece of equipment in close proximity briefly catches the flap from the tailoring as it comes across my torso. ie WB handle-end

5. eastportstar

eastportstar LawnSite Member

i wear the button down dickies from wal-mart with the dickies pants (no shorts). keeps my "church" clothes from becoming "work" clothes. my helper wears a t shirt (i'm too cheap to dress him)

6. lawntennis

lawntennis LawnSite Senior Member

I saw some shortsleeve button shirts for arond 9.50 before any logo work. That is more expensive but not ridiculous.

7. JayD

JayD LawnSite Silver Member

So who did you order one shirt from, I did not know that any one would let you buy just one to see how it looks...

8. grassman177

grassman177 LawnSite Fanatic

yes, we only use them as part of our full uniforms. in fact, they are cooler and longer lasting than a t shirt etc. i would say go for it dude, get your name embroidered and a company logo like we do an d you are off to looking and feeling better. we also dont wear jeans, they like the worst thing to wear while sweating your ass off. we use dickie like pants from the same company. they are redkap brand clothing in case you wondered

9. Kustom Kutz

Kustom Kutz LawnSite Member

I wear button down long sleve uniform shirts year arond with blue jeans ans my customers love it. It was july in this picture. I roll my sleeves down for older customers

Copy (5) of Copy of Ham.jpg

10. Cummins343

Cummins343 LawnSite Silver Member
    from Kansas

I've never worn button up shirts for mowing. I just wear a regular T-shirt when i mow.