Mowing w/Lazer HP in travel position??

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by wrtenterprises, Jul 26, 2002.

1. wrtenterprises

wrtenterprises LawnSite Senior Member

From time to time I need to mow with my HP as high as the deck will raise. The travel position seems to get an inch or so in added height. Will mowing at this postion create any problems?

2. FrankenScagMachines

FrankenScagMachines LawnSite Platinum Member
    from IN

Is the deck belt or shaft drive? Either way, you MIGHT add extra wear to the belt or shaft by having it operate at a different angle than it was designed, i'm not sure how your mower is, put it in the up position and if it looks like the drive system is angled too sharply, might not do it... i mean for short periods of time it should be ok but if you use it alot like that it could wear it alot. Just ask a dealer or on the eXmark forum or someone else who knows more about this particular mower, I'm just saying this is all that could get damaged, IMO.
    Eric

3. 65hoss

65hoss LawnSite Fanatic

Nope, no problem.

4. TLS

TLS LawnSite Fanatic

Come on Eric:confused: If you dont know the answer, don't make one up! :angry:

Hoss is right, shouldn't be a problem. When the deck is in the lowest and highest position, the belt is not at its best angle to the Jackshaft and the engine pulley. If anything, they seem more aligned at lower heights (ie. <3") rather than higher. Still not anything I'd loose sleep over.

5. FrankenScagMachines

FrankenScagMachines LawnSite Platinum Member
    from IN

jeez lay off Tommy! I'm just listing a possibility that it might add premature wear to drive components... he asked for opinions he got it....

6. HOMER

HOMER LawnSite Gold Member

Geeeeeezzzzzz, you guyzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz:D

7. 1grnlwn

1grnlwn LawnSite Bronze Member

Read the owners manual. Mine for the ferris states, Do not mow in the transport position. 5".

Mark