Mowing when dog poop!

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by alpine692003, Dec 9, 2003.

1. alpine692003

alpine692003 LawnSite Bronze Member

I'm sure all you guys have encountered this, when mowing the customer's lawn you see a pile of dog poop.

What do you guys do?

Do you run over the dog poop with your mower and mix it in the grass?

Do you pick up a shovel and pick the dog poop up and put it in the bag?

Or what other choices would you guys op'td for?

2. energy

energy LawnSite Member

Pick it up? Are you crazy? I would never pick up doggy doo. Just run it over. Tell your customer when you come and please have it ready before you come. Try not to run the tires over it though, cause then you will be smelling it all day.

3. alpine692003

alpine692003 LawnSite Bronze Member

Tell your customer when you come and please have it ready before you come?

What da hell does this mean?

4. lawnGUYnMD

lawnGUYnMD LawnSite Member

I think he meant to let the customers know if they dont want smash'd dog poo in their yard to have it cleaned up. Unless your getting paid a extreme amount of money you dont wanna have to pick up poo

5. J.Gordon

J.Gordon LawnSite Senior Member

I just go get the owners of the animal, and rub their nose in it.
    Never had to do it twice!! :laugh:

6. Mickhippy

Mickhippy LawnSite Platinum Member

As long as I dont hit if with the line trimmer (brushcutter) ..... Dont care! If your using a 21" type mower, just mow some grass before you hit it! (to mix it in). On a rider, who cares, ya dont have to touch it! Leave them with the smell. I hit one today with the 21'er, was like a rock with stench! Thats fine, I got to leave it behind!

I love these dog poo threads! Stories please..........

7. Tonyr

Tonyr LawnSite Bronze Member

Just run right over the stuff!
    Love the dried up white stuff, explodes under the deck into dust, and not so dry stuff wears off from under the deck pretty quick anyway.

I have however at times got the owners water hose and hosed my mower down before loading, no one minds when they know why.

Tony.

8. Mickhippy

Mickhippy LawnSite Platinum Member

Tony, When I first started mowin. I did this place that had a Labrador. I'm sure they always fed it bones cos............ I started mowin this really long suff with the 21 er. Every now and then I'd hit somethin.... poof! There was heaps of it. Calcified dog poo! By the time I'd finished there was a dead set cloud of white pooh in the air! Could bearly see the sky through it. Next time I went back, I used a mask! It was so bad, Iraq had nothin on it!

Lets not bring up hitting a fresh ones with the line trimmer. Just last week that happened! Ever tasted dog/cat pooh! Felt violated! The owners didnt even own a dog/cat! Hate it when they laugh at ya!:angry: feel like rubbing the sh1t all over 'em! Thats all I got to say about that! :gunsfirin

9. Tonyr

Tonyr LawnSite Bronze Member

Oh no, bloody Yuck!

Never hit one with a trimmer yet...I know I will though, odds are against me not hitting em:(

So, does it taste like chicken ?? LOL

The mongrels laughed at ya....grrrr, should of rubbed the muck down their necks!

That spoilt that hahn, now I'll have to wash that thought down!

Tony.

10. Lance720

Lance720 LawnSite Member

When my clients have dogs and they are not dilegent about picking up the feces they are told that the clippings in that area will not be picked up (mulched) or they are to be disposed on their property. As well the mowers that are used are sprayed off before leaving
    Lance