1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Mowing with 2 mowers

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Expert Lawns, Aug 22, 2003.

1. Expert Lawns

Expert Lawns LawnSite Silver Member

For those of you that mow with two mowers on one lawn, how do you go about keeping your stripes straight? Do you talk about it prehand or just hop on and mow? I am worried about getting my second mower and having my stripes not meet up.

I also think it would get worse with two different sized mowers. Wouldn't that look akward
  2. Tvov

Tvov LawnSite Bronze Member
    from CT

We just keep the mowers on different parts of the yard.

SCAPEASAURUSREX LawnSite Senior Member

One mower in back yard, and the other in front...
  4. Expert Lawns

Expert Lawns LawnSite Silver Member

What happens when they meet? Not all lawns are front and back. Most of mine have side yards, the mowers will meet eventually.

SCAPEASAURUSREX LawnSite Senior Member

Do horizontal stripes front and back and then do another direction on the sides... Most of mine the sides are so tight you can only do it one way so they are diff then what I did at ffront or back, just do it so it contrats instead of trying to match , cause youll never match it perfectly.... ___ /////||||||\\\\\\ know what I mean ??
  6. GraZZmaZter

GraZZmaZter LawnSite Senior Member

Just like Chris's, but the Stright ones would only be 2 of them.

Also use different patters...
  7. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

Once your rows are set, it's all the same (provided your two mowers are the same size). Now, in the beginning of the season, before any stripes are laid down, it's a different story, but I have the perfect method for operation with two mowers that will quickly establish the patterns, and they all come together - just like running one mower. It's foolproof. I'd be happy to sit down, draw it out and explain it to you sometime, as it's just too cool not to share. It has alot to do with the pattern setting, and the way everything is started. I have a method, and it is for good reason(s). I would love to explain this on here, but it would be one long thread. Though it's not that complicated, it is just alot of writing. Let me know if you would like to learn, because it is a rarity when you learn anything from me.lol;)
  8. Moguy

Moguy LawnSite Member

Nah Runner, you have a lot of great ideas and I hope soon to sit down and learn more from you
  9. tiedeman

tiedeman LawnSite Fanatic
    from earth

split up the yard into sections. Must lawns are divided already by something, either landscaping beds, driveway, fence, etc.

MARYLANDMOWER LawnSite Member

Go around your perimeter, then divide the area in half, and work way from each other, it will look like one mower did the mowing.